|| conscience || Mikasa Ackerman ||

Requested by @blademan9999

You did it to keep them safe.

You did it for their own good.

It was self defense.

It had been weeks since that incident with Eren and Mikasa.

"(Name)-kun, you're the big brother of this house, that's why you have to take care of your little brother."

"Be nice to girls."

Your parent's words weighed heavily on your mind.

They were right.

It was only taking care of Eren and Mikasa.

You didn't know what to expect.

After all, they were trying to kill them.

You didn't mean to kill them first.

You didn't see the adoration in their eyes.

The way Mikasa looked at you.

All you knew, was that you were a killer.

You were a killer.

No, not were.

Are.

(Name) is a killer.

You gaze at your hands, afraid. You remember the feeling of blood on your hands, the warmth of it, the texture of it. You shiver.

"(Name)."

You turn around, fear evident in your (eye color) irises. "Mikasa."

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"(Name)-kun."

"I'm fine, really."

"Really?" Her big, childish eyes look up at you, she's hugging you, clutching onto your shirt with her chubby little hands.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about being a recruit."

"I know you'll be the best one out there."

You smile as you pat her head fondly, "thank you."

You don't notice the blush blooming on her face, attributing it to the heat of the day.

Mikasa hugs you tighter.

"Mikasa, while I'm away, you're kind of going to be the big sister of this house, okay?"

"I guess."

"Take care of mom and dad and make sure to keep an eye out for Eren too, alright?"

"Okay."

"Good."

"Hey, (Name), what did you feel when you killed those men?" 

You gulp. It's been days since Mikasa's been asking you things like these. 

"(Name)." 

"I don't know Mikasa. I-I was only focused on keeping you safe. I just didn't want those men to hurt you or Eren." 

"So is it alright to kill the people hurting you, (Name)? Like that girl who slapped you last night, or the boy who punched you, or those group of people that were bullying you. It's alright, isn't it?" 

You gulp, putting your arms around your adoptive little sister, "so it was you, huh? I wondered where you were going off too." 

"They were hurting you so it was only natural." 

"Heh," you laugh mirthlessly, "I don't even know anymore."