Chapter Two- Don't Get Too Cocky

THE CAR DROVE DOWN THE ROAD LIKE A SPEEDING BULLET,  taking Caroline back to bitter days

THE CAR DROVE DOWN THE ROAD LIKE A SPEEDING BULLET, taking Caroline back to bitter days.

"You feeling any better?" Joyce looked through her rear-view mirror at Caroline and Olivia. "Girls?"

Caroline jumped, lost in thought. "Huh? Yeah."

Olivia sat up straight like an army general had called attention. "Yes. Sorry."

Joyce gave her a playfully stern look. "Hey. What did we talk about, huh? You've got to stop it with the sorries."

Olivia looked down a her feet, making Caroline feel terrible about her own moping. "Sorry. I mean, yes, I know.

Joyce looked at all three of her children. "And listen, you know, there's nothing to be nervous about, you know. Will and Callie, just tell 'em what you felt last night and what you saw. Olivia, talk about your progress with your powers. Hey, I'm gonna be there the whole time. So it's gonna be okay. Okay?"

She waited for the confirming mumbles of, "yeah," "okay," and "I know."

They pulled into a parking space and Caroline got out of the car warily. Part of her anxiety was replaced with relief when she saw Chief Jim Hopper standing outside of his own car, decked own with his signature hat. He smiled gently at her as she approached him.

"Hey, kid. You ready?" he asked gruffly. He clearly must have just gotten off work, because he was still in cop mode. Caroline knew that under the surface, he was just was just a big 'ole teddy bear.

Will approached them, taking Caroline's hand. He smiled briefly at Hopper.

And they headed into the lab.

The injection was the worst part, Olivia decided. At least of the prep for the actual testing. The needle seemed to go down to her very bones, and she shuddered in spite of herself. She heard Will breath a sigh of relief and knew he had just experienced the same thing.

"Sir Will, how are you?" Dr.Owens moved his rolley chair in between the twins, rubbing his hands together "Lady Caroline." He nodded at Hopper and Joyce, who stood together.