Chapter Six- Constipated Ninja

"EAST IS CLEAR

"EAST IS CLEAR. No sign of Dart. Where'd you go, you little bastard?" Mike's voice came crackling over the radio.

"West is clear, too." Dustin seemed to be searching even harder than the rest of them, trying to get to Dart. "Will?"

"South is clear. Lucas? Anything?" Will confirmed.

Caroline moved to open up the last classroom door at the end of the hallway, but Lucas held her back.

Instead, he ran at it like some kind of constipated ninja and kicked open the door, walkie talkie at the ready.

There must have been a teacher in there, because Caroline saw Lucas freeze and another voice rang through the hallway

There must have been a teacher in there, because Caroline saw Lucas freeze and another voice rang through the hallway. "Excuse me! Mr. Sinclair!"

Lucas stammered. "Sorry, I was looking for... study hall. Bye."

He turned back to Caroline, who stood a few feet away, laughing so hard she was in tears.

"Nothing here, man." Lucas muttered into the walkie talkie. He stared at Caroline, who was gasping for breath. "What are you laughing at?"

"Why the hell..." she couldn't even get the words out.

"I would have been ready if Dart, like, attacked you or something!" Lucas protested.

"Because a fat slug is so scary," Caroline laughed. "It's not Jabba the Hutt."

"You should be thanking me," Lucas said irritably. His voice went up a couple octaves to try and imitate her. "Thanks Lucas, you're my knight in shining armor, I should thank you with a kiss!"

Before Caroline could respond, a sudden coldness seized her, making her freeze. Pain erupted in her chest, making her gasp.

"What?" Lucas demanded, stopping. He grabbed her shoulders. "What's happening?"

Caroline looked at him with fearful eyes. "Will."

Thanks to her Twintuition, Caroline knew right away where to go. She followed the feeling outside, where she could see the far outline of a figure she knew was her brother.