Chapter Five- Will As A Baby

"JESUS

"JESUS. HAVE YOU SEEN THEM?" Joyce Byers was searching frantically for her keys, like she did every morning.

"We're looking, Mom," Jonathan sighed.

Caroline glared at him. She was still pissed that he had left Olivia behind, drunk, at that party. She didn't dare talk about it in front of Joyce, though, because Olivia would get in trouble. So instead, she angrily threw up a couch cushion in search of the car keys.

Bob popped his head out of Joyce's bedroom, making Caroline and Will raise an eyebrow. "Ha! Found 'em."

Joyce gave a cry of relief, kissing Bob's cheek.

"Hiding under some jeans, sneaky little buggers," Bob said proudly.

"Thank you. Thank you. You're a lifesaver." She turned to Jonathan.  "Can you take the twins to school today? I cannot be late again."

Jonathan was staring at Bob, a small smirk on his face. "He's sleeping over now?"

Joyce's look darkened and she gritted her teeth at her son. "Can you just take them, please?"

Bob raised a cheery hand. "I can take him."

Joyce stared at her boyfriend, her children following. "Will... you make sure they get in okay? I don't want-"

Bob waved his hand dismissively. "Yeah, of course. What do you say, sir and lady? Wanna go for a ride in the Bobmobile?"

Caroline and Will looked at each other and shrugged.

"Was that you two I heard milling around last night, or was that a ghost?" Bob looked in the rear view mirror at Caroline and Will, who were staring out opposite windows.

"Yeah," WIll said quietly. "Us, probably."

"Another nightmare? You two really have a connection, huh? I wish my sister and I were like that."

Wil and Caroline exchanged a look. "Um... no..."

"Did I ever tell you about Mr. Baldo?" Bob asked. The twins looked up at him, confused.

"Mr. Baldo?" WIll repeated, looking skeptical.

"Yeah." Bob nodded. "I was a little younger than you, standing in line for the Ferris wheel at the Roane County fair. And suddenly, I feel this fat white glove tap me on the shoulder. I spin around, and there he is. Mr. Baldo."

Bob's voice changed to something much creepier. "'Hey, kiddo, would you like a balloon?'"

Caroline couldn't keep herself with snorting with laughter.

Bob chuckled. "Go ahead, laugh. It's funny. It wasn't funny back then, I can tell you that. I couldn't get him out of my head. Every night, he would come to me in my dreams. And every night when he came to me... I ran. It got so bad that I made my mom stay in the room with me until I could fall asleep every night."