Chapter Four- Beef jerky Nougat

"TRICK OR TREAT!"  Caroline and the boys yelled as the woman opened the door

"TRICK OR TREAT!" Caroline and the boys yelled as the woman opened the door. Will had his camera pointed up in the woman's face like a dork.

The lady chuckled. "Oh! Well, aren't you cute? The little exterminators."

The party looked among themselves in disgust and there was a silent agreement. One by one, but took as big of a handful of candy as they could and took off.

Lucas groaned as he searched through his bag with one hand, still holding Caroline's hand with the other. "If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself."

"You brought beef jerky, though," Caroline said teasingly. She knew Lucas hated the stuff. "You can have some."

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Dustin demanded.

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Lucas repeated, looking at his friend incredulously. "Dustin, no one likes three musketeers."

"Yeah, it's just nougat," Will chimed in.

" Whoa." Dustin held up a hand. "'Just nougat' ? Just nougat? It is top three for me."

Mike mimed vomiting. "Top three? God, give me a break."

"Seriously, I can just eat a whole bowl of nougat. Straight up."

"What about beef jerky nougat?" Caroline's eyes went wide at the same time as Dustins. "Yes! Genius!"

Lucas gagged. "That's an abomination against God-"

Suddenly a figure jumped out of the dark, bellowing. Caroline slipped and fell into Lucas, who was squealing like a little girl as the rest of the party screamed.

The figure took of the Michael Myers mask, revealing Max Mayfield, her fiery red hair flaming all over the place. She was laughing brightly. "Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces. And you?"

Max looked at Caroline's intertwined fingers and smirked at Lucas.  "Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl. Hey, you guys coming or not? Oh, I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where the rich people live, right?"

Dustin looked like he was on cloud nine. "Yeah!" He ran after her close behind, like a lost puppy.

 "Yeah!" He ran after her close behind, like a lost puppy