《2》

As the week passed by, haruto got even closer to doyoung, junkyu and yedam. He was way less shy now and his true crackhead personality started to show.

The four of them were seated on the outdoor benches, eating snacks.

Yedam: the weekends are coming up soon...

Junkyu: I have an idea! Why don't we take haruto for a tour around itaewon?

Doyoung: I'm up for it!

Haruto: you sure? I don't wanna make it obligatory as a means of helping me adjust.

Yedam: oh no don't worry! We usually hangout on the weekends anyway so it's just another one of those.

Haruto felt really, really thankful.

Junkyu: ugh I have arts now. Thank god at least haruto is with me! Let's go!

Yedam: let's go, doyoung. We have biology.

Doyoung and yedam got up, making their way to the lab, while haruto and junkyu departed towards the art section.

Yedam: so?

Doyoung: hmm?

Doyoung looked at yedam, confused.

Yedam: does it not bother you?

Doyoung: what?

Yedam: come on. You know what I'm referring to. Junkyu giving haruto special treatment.

Doyoung: no, not really. Haruto is a transfer student so it's understandable. Plus I didn't like junkyu in expectation for him to like me too. I'm happy with just being beside him.

Yedam: that might not seem so bad right now but if their relationship proceeds in a romantic direction, you'll be regretting those words.

Yedam was the only one who knew doyoung's feelings towards junkyu. He was just that much close to doyoung. Which is also why he was concerned about how things would end up.

Doyoung: I'm glad I told you about it, though. You're always looking out for me. Thanks, dude!

Doyoung fist-bumped yedam's arm.

Yedam: woah! What's gotten into you! That's not like you at all!

Doyoung: just be thankful, you punk!

They laughed as they reached their biology lab. The boring lecture went by, while for junkyu and haruto, they were enjoying their lesson.

Junkyu: pfft! What is that supposed to be?!

He pointed towards a weird-shaped pot haruto painted, which was meant to represent a vase.

They laughed and snickered about their paintings up to the point that the teacher had to quiet them down. They shared playful glances and laughed sneakily. The teacher lost his patience at some point and sent them both outside.

Junkyu and haruto got out and leaned against the wall, waiting till they would be called back inside. They looked at each other and laughed.

Haruto: that was fun!

Junkyu looked at haruto laughing. It was a mesmerising sight. His words were stuck in his throat, until haruto looked at him and he snapped back into his senses.

Junkyu: y-yeah haha!

Two boys passed junkyu and haruto and junkyu swore he heard one of them say "love birds". He felt his ears slightly heat up and redden.

Haruto: is it too hot? Your ears are red.

Junkyu: h-huh?! No don't worry! It just happens when I laugh too much!

He nervously laughed. The school day ended with more fooling around and talking.

Finally, the weekends came. Doyoung, junkyu and yedam met up at doyoung's place and decided to pick up haruto together, since he still wasn't too familiar with the routes of the city.

They arrived at his apartment and rang the bell. It was in a luxurious complex. They admired every corner of it.

Haruto showed up at the door, in his casual clothes, which he had worn in front of doyoung, junkyu and yedam for the first time.

Junkyu was in awe with his outfit. Because haruto was the one wearing it. Despite the fact that doyoung didn't notice it, and instead went for a friendly fist-bump as a greeting to haruto, yedam noticed junkyu's expression. He didn't like where things were heading but decided to stay quiet and not jump to conclusions yet.

Doyoung: it's my first time seeing you in an outfit that isn't our uniform!

He rubbed his hair shyly, like he always did when complimented.

Haruto: same goes for you!

He looked at doyoung's outfit up and down, not sure what to think.

Yedam: I know what you're thinking. "This one has an interesting fashion sense". And I agree. Almost everyone does. Doyoung is a fashion terrorist.

Doyoung: hey!

Doyoung smacked yedam's arm. They all laughed.

Junkyu: let's go?

They walked all around itaewon, coming across multiple tourists, businesses, restaurants, etc. Haruto admired it all.

Haruto: the moment I landed here, I knew I would love it. And I don't regret thinking that at all.

Doyoung flung his arm around haruto's neck.

Doyoung: this is just the beginning.

They took pictures in photo booths, had grilled beef at a restaurant, then went to get ice cream. Doyoung seemed more enthusiastic than anyone else and was walking way ahead. Yedam had to catch up in order to keep track of him. This left haruto and junkyu walking behind, alone.

Junkyu: what is this situation...

Haruto: doyoung hyung seems excited haha.

Junkyu: yeah he's always been...overly enthusiastic and energetic. That's why he's known as the "cheerful virus" (A/N: while we're on topic, wear masks and apply sanitizer all the time yall!!! Stay safe <3) by all those around him.