《5》

It was break and junkyu, haruto, doyoung and yedam decided to stay at the library instead, since it was too hot outside. Thankfully, no one else was at the library.

They crept to the corner of the room and slouched on bean bags.

Yedam: haruto is there any other place you'd like to visit? We'll take you there this weekend!

Haruto: well I want to visit gangnam. But this weekend, unfortunately I'm not free.

Doyoung: oh? Haruto has got a busy schedule too, huh?

Haruto: haha. It's not that. A bunch of people I know are coming from japan.

Junkyu: you already live with your family here so I'm assuming it's someone else.

Haruto: yep. It's my cousins family. And my cousin's bestfriend is coming too. She's my girlfriend.

Junkyu, yedam and doyoung froze. They stayed still for about 3 minutes, leaving haruto confused.

Haruto: what? Is it that surprising I have a girlfriend?

Yedam: I-its not that! We just...never knew.

Yedam and doyoung glanced at junkyu, whose expression looked shattered. Doyoung was heartbroken when he found out junkyu liked haruto. But the sight of junkyu sad, hurt him just as much. He didn't want things to be like this.

Doyoung: j-junkyu hyung! I just remembered! Our physics teacher asked me to bring you to her to discuss something about an assignment submission.

He grabbed junkyu's wrist and dragged him out, leaving haruto and yedam alone in the library.

They were in the corridor now.

Junkyu: doyoung, let go. It's fine.

Doyoung: I'm not one to decide for you but I can tell you're not okay. I've known you for long enough.

Junkyu just looked down, without saying anything. Doyoung spotted a tear drop from his eyes. Doyoung felt absolutely broken.

Doyoung: hyung, do you want to wash your face?

Junkyu went to the toilet and doyoung followed. Junkyu bent over the sink and, letting out his tears.

Doyoung came up to him and hugged him from the side, patting his head.

Doyoung: shh it's okay hyung, it's okay. I'm here for you. It will be okay. Cry all you want. I'm here.

Doyoung's words were oddly comforting. It made junkyu feel better. It made him feel worthy. Little did he know, just hours ago, it was doyoung who felt unworthy, and that too because of junkyu's own unintentional actions.

Junkyu turned and hugged doyoung tighter. Doyoung rubbed his back.

Junkyu: great. I can't go out in this state anymore. I don't want him to see me like this.

Doyoung: you don't have to. Stay here for now. I'll be with you. Once you're comfortable enough, we can go out.

Junkyu looked at doyoung warmly, with gratitude. It made doyoung's heart skip a beat.

Junkyu: thank you, doyoung. I'm always really thankful and appreciative to you. It's like your presence has a therapeutic effect. You end up making people feel better.

Doyoung: I'm glad I can be of help.

Doyoung smiled at him. Junkyu smiled back. It felt like the world around them had become gold. It was a special moment only with the two of them. Doyoung realized that even if junkyu couldn't return his romantic feelings for him, he was always going to be someone special and memorable to junkyu. And that was enough for him.

After some time, junkyu finally felt better and decided to go out.

Doyoung: you sure you wanna go now?

Junkyu: yep. Thank you, doyoung.

He stretched out his hand for doyoung to hold as he got up from the toilet floor.

They got out to face yedam and haruto standing nearby.

Haruto: physics assignment submission? In the toilet?

Yedam noticed junkyu looked much better.

Yedam: ooh, isn't that naughty?!

Doyoung punched him in the arm as usual.

Doyoung: haha very funny.

Junkyu still felt sad whenever he looked at haruto, but he realized he would just have to put up with it until he'd eventually get used to the fact that haruto already had a girlfriend. Junkyu realized that it was a relief he hadn't confessed yet. Or else that would have been embarrassing.

A week passed by and junkyu eventually, finally, got over haruto. Now he treated haruto as a normal friend, like he did before he grew feelings for him. Doyoung and yedam were both glad.

Yedam and doyoung just finished a basketball match after school and it was already evening. They were on their way back home.

Yedam: doyoung.

Doyoung: yeah, hyung?

Yedam: were you seriously not affected when junkyu told you about him liking haruto?

Doyoung: well, I obviously was. But when I comforted him after haruto said he had a girlfriend, and after he was thankful to me, I realized that I will always be special to him. Romantically, or not. And that's all that matters.

Yedam rubbed doyoung's hair affectionately.

Yedam: that's my boy!

Doyoung chased yedam jokingly, who ran for his life.