《3》

Yedam had slowed down since he couldn't match doyoung's energy. So haruto and junkyu caught up with him.

Haruto: oh yeah the two of you knew each other from before. How did you two meet?

Yedam: who?

Haruto: junkyu hyung and doyoung hyung. They introduced each other as bestfriends to me.

Junkyu: haha you made it sound like we're dating when you asked about how we met.

Yedam felt his heart ache for doyoung. Doyoung was far ahead and couldn't hear them but the fact that junkyu took it so lightly without even knowing doyoung's feelings was painful to hear to. But then again, even yedam realized that it was least expected for doyoung to hold romantic feelings for junkyu. So he didn't blame junkyu for his obliviousness.

Junkyu: but yeah! We became friends in the first year of highschool. We were assigned to a project in the same group and he was the only enthusiastic one about it, while I was the only one doing work. So we spent most of our breaks working on that project together and boom. He followed me around even after that. Yedam was with us too so doyoung would always cling to the both of us and we three became friends.

Haruto: I see. So you've been friends for three years now.

Yedam: yeah but it feels like a lot more. And to be honest, it feels like we've known you for really long too!

Haruto felt touched.

Yedam: we should probably get doyoung now. God knows how far that boy might walk.

They continued walking and found doyoung crouching down, talking to a small child who was crying. Doyoung held her small hands and looked at her, concerned. She looked like she was about 5 to 6 years old.

Junkyu: what's wrong?

Doyoung: she can't find her mother.

Haruto: oh no!

Yedam: and it's too crowded here. It's going to be hard.

Doyoung: what's your name?

Child: h-hayoung...

Doyoung: that's such a nice name! Okay, hayoung, first sit down here.

They were near a cotton candy booth, and doyoung instructed her to sit on the bench near by.

She was still sobbing and looked scared.

Doyoung: okay, hayoung, where was the last time you were with your mom?

Hayoung: in the...shoe-selling...shop.

Itaewon had at least a hundred of those. But doyoung also knew she was too young to be able to explain more.

Doyoung: when did you lose your mother?

Hayoung: we got out of the shoe shop and I let go of her hand to rush to the cotton candy man.

She pointed towards the cotton candy stall beside them.

Doyoung: okay hayoung. What's your mom's name?

Hayoung: Jae-hi...

Doyoung rubbed her hair sweetly.

Doyoung: wait here with these three brothers. They're nice and will protect you for now.

He gave yedam money to pay for cotton candy for her but yedam refused and said he had money to pay for it instead. Doyoung looked touched and patted him on the shoulder.

Junkyu: woah woah where are you going?

Doyoung: I'll find a security guard and see what can be done.

Haruto: wow he's so kind and helpful.

Junkyu: yep. That's one reason I love him so much. That's one reason everyone loves him.

Yedam: phew would HE be happy to hear that...

Haruto, junkyu and yedam decided to cheer her up by playing rock paper scissors and other games they could think of, to distract her.

Meanwhile doyoung walked through the thick crowd in a hurry, in hopes of finding a security guard. Until he saw 3 police men standing near a restaurant-tent, as if on guard.

Doyoung: excuse me!

He panted, as he ran up to them.

Security guard 1: yes? How can we help?

Doyoung: a child has been separated from her mother and seems to be lost. Can you help me find her? Is there anything you can do?

Security guard 2: do you know the child and her mother's name?

Doyoung: the daughter is called hayoung. And her mother is jae-hi.

Security guard 3: well that should make things a lot more easier.

Doyoung: thank you! The mother should be around here because hayoung said she got lost close by.

They thanked doyoung for the useful information he provided and turned on a speaker, as they announced her name.

"Jae-hi, mother of hayoung, please come near the cotton candy stall next to the grilling tent."

They announced a couple more times until they saw a worried figure stumble up to them, clearly worried.

Security guard 1: are you jae-hi?

Jae-hi: yes! Yes, that's me! Where is my daughter?

Doyoung: don't worry, ma'am she's near the cotton candy stall. I'll take you to her.

Jae-hi: thank you! Thank you so much!

Meanwhile, junkyu, yedam and haruto spotted doyoung walking towards them, looking much more satisfied. They saw a concerned woman follow him and realized.

She ran to hayoung immediately, who was also more calm now. She hugged her tightly.

Jaehi: don't ever let go of my hand!

Hayoung started crying too.

Haruto: aww that's such a touching reunion! Good job, doyoung hyung!

Doyoung: thank you for helping me, all of you.

While yedam and junkyu were used to doyoung's kind actions, his personality still never failed to surprise them. He was a rare gemstone. So it was really hard for haruto to adjust to the fact that he was friends with the embodiment of kindness.

They walked back towards haruto's apartment.

Haruto: that was an experience.

Junkyu: hope you had fun!

Haruto: I did!

Doyoung: I'm glad~

Yedam: byeee

They waved each other goodbyes and walked back to their own places individually.