《8》

Junkyu and doyoung were in the middle of their sixth tutoring session. And, as usual, junkyu watched over doyoung answering questions. Today doyoung was extra focused, although junkyu didn't know that it was just for distraction from the awkward atmosphere that was created yesterday.

Junkyu looked at doyoung's face from the side. He was wearing his reading glasses. Junkyu didn't realise at that moment, but he was analysing and admiring doyoung's face. From a close proximity too. Doyoung's heart was beating faster than junkyu's swimming, as he heard junkyu's breath from the close distance. Junkyu finally realized he was staring too much and looked away.

Junkyu: seriously. What is WRONG with me? First I kiss him and now this...

Doyoung could finally breathe in peace now that junkyu wasn't so close to him. He quickly answered the question and showed junkyu.

Doyoung: hyung, I'm done!

Junkyu check his answers and raised his eyebrows, as if impressed.

Junkyu: good job. You actually managed to get it right!

Doyoung: really?! I'm so glad!

Doyoung clapped excitedly. Junkyu rubbed his hair, as if praising him. Doyoung looked at junkyu. Junkyu realized he was being touchy with doyoung. Again. The tension rose and it stayed that way for a couple minutes as junkyu didn't know what to do. Finally he removed his hand and doyoung and junkyu both immediately looked away, not knowing how to respond. Doyoung cleared his throat.

Doyoung: w-woah would you look at the time?! Haha it's late. Thank you again, junkyu hyung! I think I'm getting the hang of it!

Junkyu: haha! N-no problem!

They laughed awkwardly before seeing each other off.

Junkyu was alone in his room.

Junkyu: okay something is definitely wrong with me. Why am I acting like this towards him...

Meanwhile doyoung, who was on his way home, was thinking the same thing.

Doyoung: what is wrong with hyung these days...

He shook off his thoughts and finally reached home.

The next day junkyu received a message from doyoung.

-----------------------------------------------------------

🏀Dobby🏀

Hyung I'm so sorry!
I won't be able to
make it today :(

Huh? Why not?

I'm sick :"(

Oh no! Then don't worry
about not making it, idiot!
Just worry
about your health!

Okey <3
I'll come again
once I feel better!!!

Okay but dont
skip your meals! And take your medicine. Call me if
you're troubled or alone!

Yes hyung~ thank you for understanding. Love you ♡

Love you too <3

-----------------------------------------------------------

Junkyu felt his heart leap when he read the "I love you" bit.

Junkyu: woah woah woah! Chill! Why would that fluster you! It's normal between bestfriends.

The rest of the day continued with junkyu feeling restless. He constantly texted doyoung to check up on him, always receiving a "don't worry hyung! It's just a little cold!" in return. And when junkyu proposed to come and take care of doyoung, doyoung replied with "I don't want to affect you." It melted junkyu's heart. He really loved doyoung. Although he was too oblivious to realize it wasn't just friendship anymore.

Doyoung couldn't attend the tuition sessions for three more days. Junkyu felt oddly empty. He missed doyoung terribly. He wanted to see him again. He didn't know why he was so desperate, but he just wanted to.

The next day he arrived at school as normal. His eyesight fell in the direction of doyoung's chair. Empty. Again. He felt sad.

He started getting his things out of the bag when he felt an arm fling around his neck.

Junkyu: yedam not now-

Doyoung: who are you calling "yedam"? Its me, doyoung!

Doyoung smiled at junkyu like the bright lightbulb that he was. Junkyu felt as though he had seen a rainbow. He could not explain how happy he was to see doyoung again.

Junkyu: doyoung!!!

Junkyu hugged doyoung tightly, not wanting to let go. Doyoung was taken by surprise. He was shocked but decided to hug back.

Doyoung: h-Haha yeah I'm back!

Junkyu and doyoung heard a "ooh~" erupt in the classroom. They looked around to see students staring at them smugly.

Junkyu realized and let go.

Student 1: huh?! What was that??

Student 2: have something you wanna tell us??

Junkyu: t-thats not it. Knock it off.

Rather than mad, he seemed shy and flustered.

The day continued and, compared to the previous three days that doyoung was absent, junkyu seemed much happier and full of energy today.

Yedam eyed him suspiciously.

Yedam: is it thanks to the tutoring sessions...? No. It's too early to assume junkyu hyung's feelings yet.

A week later the exams had finally started. Students were busy and tensed all around. But doyoung found the questions easy, thanks to junkyu's teaching.

The exam week finally ended.

The last lesson was over and everyone was leaving.

Doyoung: where's junkyu hyung?

Haruto: I think he said something about helping the student council.

Yedam: yeah.

Doyoung: oh, is that so? You guys go ahead. I'll wait.

Haruto: you sure? He might take a while.

Yedam realized it was the perfect opportunity for them to spend some more quality time together. Alone.

Yedam: h-haruto let's go to the convenience store on our way home!

Haruto: sure.

Doyoung was thankful towards yedam. He really was.