The weird kid?

"Okay, so you know my friend Yoongi from my old school?" Jin asked as he started his car 

"The weird kid we hung out with a couple of times?" 

"Yeah, he's coming too" 

"Okay" I shrugged "anyone else coming?" 

"There's supposed to be quite a few of us, but it looks like it's going to be me, you, Yoongi, and Chris" 

"So me and a bunch of gay dudes? Got it" I giggled 

"Hey" he whined and smacked my arm "Yoongi isn't gay" 

"Sorry Jinnie, I just assumed" I shrugged "all of your friends are gay" 

"Ehh.. I can't argue that" he laughed as we pulled into the parking lot of the liquor store 

"Are you going to ask Chris to be your boyfriend before midnight?" 

"Probably" he blushed as we made our way into the liquor store "Bev, you know, Yoongi isn't as weird as you remember. He's toned it down a lot since highschool"

"I figured as much, I mean, hell we all have"

"I don't know..I think you and I are still as chaotic as ever"

"Just better at hiding it from the public" I laughed as we grabbed a bunch of alcohol and stuck it in the cart. 

Seokjin and I became best friends in highschool, he had moved from a city about a half hour away and being the new kid he was super awkward and shy, until I came along. I had an awesome group of misfit friends and I dragged Jin around with me getting into all sorts of trouble and doing stupid shit that as teenagers we probably shouldn't have done. 

I met Yoongi a few times over the years, he would come to Jin's birthday parties, his mom would drop him off for a weekend here and there. Jin and I would drag him along to go do dumb shit and he was always quiet, weird, socially anxious, and paranoid. Every little thing we did he was looking over his shoulder and worried about whether or not we would get into trouble. 

He didn't come around too much anymore since we all turned twenty one, Jin and I loved going to the gay bars and dancing, while Yoongi preferred to be inside.

I tried to give him a chance for the sake of Jin, I liked him, I just wished he had come out of his shell a bit more. Jin had told me before that Yoongi had a rough childhood, it left him kind of sheltered and alone so he didn't really interact much with people. So because of that, I never let it bother me. A few times I would find myself looking out for him whenever we went somewhere, I didn't want him to get hurt or taken advantage of by one of my dumbass friends or put into a situation where he was genuinely uncomfortable. 

To hear that he was coming to the new years eve party at Jin's house made me kind of nervous, I wanted to get drunk and have a good time, but Jin's parents had invited a lot of people too, so I figured I'd probably end up babysitting and not be able to fully enjoy myself.

Boy was I wrong.