I never thanked you

After our third round I wrapped myself up in my robe as we sat out on my porch, drinking coffee as I smoked a cigarette. 

"So what happened this time?" I asked as I looked over at him 

"Same thing that always happens. She pissed me off too much and I ended it. I don't know why I can't seem to find one fucking girl that doesn't irritate me after a while" he rested his head back on the chair "it sucks we can't date. Could you imagine our sex life?" He chuckled 

"Problem is that relationships require more than just amazing sex Tae, you and I both know we wouldnt be able to work" 

"I know" he sighed out and shook his head "maybe we could try?" 

"Maybe one day..but for right now..I'm content being single" I shrugged as I put out my cigarette "we're friends, and amazing fuck buddies..I'm just not sure of we would be able to feel anything more for eachother. I know on my end..I love you and I care about you..but it isn't romantic" 

"I love you too but you're right. It isn't romantic" 

I got up and leaned over kissing him on the lips softly "you'll find someone Tae, you deserve to find happiness" 

"You do too" he gave me his big boxy smile as he pulled me down onto his lap and kissed me again, it was a very loving kiss. It was soft, deep, and filled with emotions to the point where it freaked me out a bit. But I treasured it. 

When we pulled away he pecked my lips a few times before I got up from his lap 

"You staying for dinner or heading out?" 

"Heading out, I told my friend Jungkook I would meet up with him at the bar for a bit" 

"Okie dokie, I'll probably text Yoongi back then and have him over for dinner. He wanted to hang out earlier but I told him I was busy" 

"That you were" he chuckled "but wait..is Yoongi the guy you're fucking?" 

"Yeah..you know him?"

"Kind of..I think he's friends with Jimin"

"He's best friends with Jin..so I wouldn't really be surprised. And I wouldn't say fucking..it only happened twice" 

"There was a point in time where we had only fucked twice" he chuckled "now I've lost count" 

"Same here" I giggled 

"Well, you know the rules, just keep me updated" 

"Will do, same to you"

"I wouldn't worry about me" he chuckled "I'm not looking for a new relationship so quickly so unfortunately unless this Yoongi guy steps up you're stuck with me" 

"That's not unfortunate at all" I laughed as we hugged and he left. 

I got a shower and threw my sheets in the wash, I pulled out my phone and texted Yoongi 

Me: if you still want to hang out can we go grab dinner? 
Yoongles: sounds good. I'll be right there 

"Hey" he smiled as I opened the door for him 

"Hey, come on in" 

"Thanks" he walked in and sat down on the couch

"I just have to get my shoes on, where do you want to go?"

"I'm stoned as fuck, I want cheese fries"

"Pizza place it is then" we laughed as I slid my sneakers on, we got into my car and put the radio on, we smoked and talked until we pulled up to the pizza joint. 

"Dude was trying to mark his territory I see" he smiled as we sat down in the booth 

"Only a bit" I laughed as we looked over the menu 

"I guess that's why you were busy" he joked as he winked making me laugh as I felt my cheeks flush 

"Yeah" I nodded 

"Are you guys like a thing..or?"

"Nope" I shook my head "we've been um..friends with benefits off and on for the last three years. I think that's why Namjoon was so apprehensive when we were together because all of my friends are guys..he had met Tae a couple times and he knew about our history..I think it made him uncomfortable. But honestly..whenever either of us is in a relationship we keep it platonic. We can be friends without fucking each other. But if we're both single..well that's a different story" 

"I could see why that would make Namjoon feel weird.. but honestly if there was trust involved then it shouldn't have mattered"

"That's what I said! Finally, someone who gets it"

"Well, I had an ex like that. She wanted me to drop all of my friends that were girls because I had a history with one of them and she didn't trust us together. It was so stupid" he rolled his eyes 

"I get that. Tae and I love each other, and care about each other, but it isn't romantic. We talked about that again today because it could never be anything more than sex" 

"Well, as long as you're honest about that then whoever you date shouldn't see it as an issue" 

"That would be nice" I chuckled 

We finally put our order in for our food and sat in the booth talking. 

"Oh my god, so good" he moaned as he shoveled cheese fries into his mouth, I laughed as he tried to get all of the cheese off of his face

"You missed a spot" I pointed and giggled

"Get it off for me then" he smirked as he leaned forward. I have no idea what possessed me to do this..especially in public, but I licked it right off his bottom lip and sat back down. He looked caught off guard at first and then he blushed and looked down

"Better?" I asked as I bit into my pizza 

"Much" he laughed as he continued to eat 

We got into my car and headed back to my house, we walked in and sat down on the couch "you hangin out for a bit?"

"Sure" he shrugged "I could use the company" he smiled 

"Same" I giggled "since I started working at home I find myself craving human interaction, which is weird because I usually don't like being around people"

"Me either, I keep a small circle" 

"Same" I sighed as I sunk into the couch and kicked my sneakers off, we sat in a comfortable silence for a while before he started talking again 

"I'm glad we're hanging out more. I wanted to hang out like this with you when we were younger but I was too weird or nervous to ask" 

"That's understandable" I nodded "at least we can hang out more moving forward" 

"Yeah.. I never did thank you though" 

"For?" 

"I noticed all the times you watched out for me, stuck up for me, and made sure I was okay when I was clearly uncomfortable. I never gave you any reason to do that..you just did it. I'm thankful for that" 

"Of course" I smiled as I shoved his shoulder "don't even mention it" 

"Okay" he smiled as he looked down at his feet 

And thus began my own little hell.