The 10th Day - Ten Christmas Waltzes

The elevator to the penthouse opened and Lucifer and Chloe stumbled out, giggling and hanging onto each other as an after-effect of a raging Lux party. Lucifer, now invulnerable around Chloe, was completely fine, but Chloe had just a little too much to drink. 

Trixie drove up north with Dan to celebrate Christmas early with his family, so Lucifer convinced Chloe to spend the night with him before all of the holiday and family craziness. So, they decided to dress up and spend the night at Lux to unwind. Tonight, Chloe wore a green form-fitting dress that stopped around her mid-thigh, but even that measurement was generous. The dress mostly consisted of fine, green, lacey patterns, but the body of the dress had a green slip underneath that ran completely from her collarbone to her thighs. The sleeves covered her entire arms were made of green and nude mesh. Her blonde hair was half up, half down, and she had down all of her makeup. Lucifer had worn one of his black suits tonight with a gray shirt and pocket square.

They had just spent the last several hours mingling, drinking, and dancing downstairs in the club. Afterward, once the crowd had begun winding down, they decided to bring the party upstairs. 

Lucifer left her alone for a moment to prepare for their evening alone, but tipsy Chloe had other plans before that. 

"Detective," Lucifer called sultrily into the main room as he discarded his black jacket and slowly began to unbutton his gray shirt. 

Chloe was messing with his stereo, but then she turned toward him with a sly smile of her own while The Christmas Waltz by Frank Sinatra softly played overhead. 

"Feeling a little Sinatra this evening, are we?" He asked, coming down the bedroom steps. 

Chloe laughed softly and then replied, "I was hoping we could finish what we started downstairs...you know, before we got crushed by the crowd."

Lucifer came into her space, smiling knowingly down at her, and asked, "Could you mean, something like this?"

He brought both of her hands into his, bringing one to rest on his waist while the other remained clasped in his, and pulled her against him. 

Chloe smiled and blushed slightly down at the floor, "I don't think we've gotten to do this since our prom."

"No we haven't." Lucifer replied huskily, beginning to lead her to the tune of the waltz. 

Just as she remembers, Lucifer was an excellent leader. Perhaps the reason why Chloe always strayed away from dancing before is because she never found the right partner. With Lucifer, she could do this for hours. He spun her, held her close as she laid her head on his chest, and he didn't make any move that seemed like he wanted to stop, even when the song transitioned into Dean Martin's I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm

As the tempo of the songs changed, so did the pace and style of their dancing. Chloe only faintly realized the changing of the songs; she was having so much fun that she didn't care how much time was passing by. From the bright smile to the twinkling in Lucifer's eyes, it seemed to her that he felt the same way. The waltzed across the penthouse under his new, twinkling, holiday lights.

She recognized a few of the rest when she noticed them: Let it Snow by Dean Martin, Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt, I'll Be Home for Christmas by Perry Como, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Judy Garland, Cool Yule by Louis Armstrong, Please Come Home for Christmas by Charles Brown, Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley, and Baby It's Cold Outside by Ray Charles and Betty Carter.

Chloe's feet were starting to ache as Baby It's Cold Outside began to end, and she had to try and stifle a huge yawn.

"Getting tired, love?" Lucifer asked softly.

Chloe nodded and placed her head back on his chest. 

"Alright," He said, breaking away from her for the first time since they began dancing to turn off the music. The penthouse was plunged into quiet. 

Chloe was more than capable of walking to bed, despite the yawning fit that had just come on and the droopiness of her eyelids. Even so, Lucifer bent down, bracing his hands against her lower back and behind her knees, and scooped her up in his arms, carrying her bridal style to the bedroom.

"Lucifer, I can walk." Chloe protested through a laugh. 

He shrugged and smirked, "I know."

A few moments later, Chloe had discarded her dress for one of Lucifer's shirts. She didn't feel like going to the closet for a pair of sweats she kept there, but he didn't seem to have a problem getting her something to sleep in. After that, Lucifer handed her a wet towelette to wipe off her makeup before going to sleep. 

When she was done, she snuggled under the warm blankets and heard Lucifer climb in after her.

"'M sorry we didn't get to the other thing." Chloe mumbled. Exhaustion hit her like a truck, but that could also be because they spent all night partying, dancing, and the fact that it's after three o'clock in the morning. 

"It's okay." Lucifer whispered as he placed a soft kiss to her temple. "We can do it some other time."

"But we like having sex!" Chloe muttered a whine, keeping her eyes closed, as she berated herself mentally for not having the stamina to stay awake. 

Lucifer chuckled deep in his chest and replied, "Believe me, darling, so do I. For tonight, just get your rest."

Chloe yawned and then said softly as sleep overcame her, "I love you."

Lucifer paused as he smiled adoringly down at her peaceful, sleeping form, and then he whispered, "I love you, too." 

The dress shown above is where I derived the idea for Chloe's dress. Just take out that stitching in the middle that looks like a coordinate plane when you imagine it on Chloe.