t w e n t y

marry me biana 💍

sophiana fanart by @melissa_agressiveart on instagram <3 literally my fav kotlc fanart atm

some of u guys r about to be really mad at me

~

Maybe this is a bad idea.

Sophie can list about ten things that could go wrong, and only one that might make it worth it. She just misses Biana terribly. Like, she actually might die if she doesn't get to see her.

Dying would be an inconvenience, so here she is.

She almost turns back a grand total of seven times in the walk to Everglen's lake and in search of her friend.

Biana's form is shadowed by the sun, Sophie can just make out her billowing hair and the serene expression on her face as she tilts her face up to the sun.

The sight is so utterly familiar that it raises a smile to Sophie's lips.

Biana spots Sophie as the blonde stumbles over a rock, letting out a small yelp. When Sophie sits beside her, she launches herself into Sophie's arms, knocking them both to the ground.

Biana laughs into Sophie's hair, a smile in her voice as she says, "Hi."

"Hey."

They stay there for a while, Sophie's right arm supporting them while the other curls around Biana's waist. Biana lets loose a slight giggle, "God, it is nice to see you."

Sophie snorts, "You have no idea."

Biana sits up slightly, and, oh god. She is so close to her face. Sophie feels herself turn red as Biana clears her throat and backs away. Biana has only a light flush on her cheeks, nothing like the rouge that Sophie turns into, coloring her neck and up her arms.

Sophie clears her throat, "Did you change your hair?"

She flips the curly hair off her shoulder, "I'm going to wear it naturally for a while, see how I like it." She says. "It was too much to take care of while fighting a war, but I was getting tired of straight hair serums. Kesler made them particularly rancid for me after I bought so many."

Sophie laughs, "Well, whatever you did, I like it." She really did. It curled around her face, waves falling down her back in gorgeous cascades.

Biana's smile reaches her entire face, pulling on her scars from Nightfall. In the past few years, Biana has stopped self consciously touching them when she smiles, and it tugs at Sophie's heart to see her friend so carefree.

"I hardly see you anymore." Biana sighs, "It makes me miss school a little bit."

Laughing, Sophie says, "God, don't say that ever again."

Biana snorts, "I miss when we were all together all the time. Those were the good days."

Sophie raises an eyebrow at her, "You mean when we were fighting a World War? That 'all together'?"

Biana side eyes her, "Well when you say it that way..." She laughs without finishing her thought, Sophie playfully hitting her on the arm.