two; never really gone

THE STUDIO
NOW

SAF STARES AT the three boys, awaiting an answer from either one of them. Instead, they stare at her in shock, pointing between themselves and her.

She lets out a sigh of frustration.

"Am I talking to three walls?" She asks, looking across at each of them.

"No, three ghosts, actually." The one in the leather jacket says, earning a look of shock and surprise from his two friends, and a thump from the guy in the middle.

She rolls her eyes.

"That's pretty obvious. Now are you gonna tell me who exactly you are and how you got here before she gets back?" Saf asks, sighing and looking out of the garage doors, awaiting Julie's arrival.

The three boys stare at her once again, stuck for words. Saf shrugs her shoulders, wanting a response. The boy in pink coughs.

"Right, um, I'm Alex." He motions to himself before looking over at the other two boys.

"Reggie." The guy in the leather jacket grins at her, folding his arms after waving. All eyes go to the guy in the middle.

"I'm Luke. Who are you?" He asks, imitating her stance and folding his own arms.

"Saf. That's my sister you just scared the crap out of." Saf motions with her thumb to the garage doors where Julie sprinted out of, screaming the neighbourhood down.

The boys stare at her in shock, eyes widening and fingers pointing between themselves and her once again.

"But you're a-,"

"Ghost. I know." Saf cuts Reggie off, looking away with discomfort.

The room goes silent for a moment, letting her words linger in the air. They look at each other with empathy before Luke takes a step forward.

"I'm guessing by the way you were hiding when we arrived that she doesn't know you're here?" He asks slowly, a bend in his step as he tiptoes around the conversation.

"No, she doesn't. And I'd rather keep it that way." Saf tells him sternly, and he holds up his hands in defence.

Alex shakes his head and steps forward to apologise, but before he can, the sound of Julie's footsteps carry into the garage, and Saf disappears into the bathroom once again.