eleven; confronting the past

THE STUDIO
THAT WEEKEND

FOLLOWING THE PERFORMANCE in front of Flynn, it was all hands on deck with writing new song lyrics and coming up with melodies for their next gig, whenever that was.

Julie had spent every waking minute in the studio with the four ghosts, scribbling and jotting down every single idea that came out of their mouths, even Reggie's random country lyrics that Luke would hit him over.

If they weren't ghosts, Saf was sure that Luke and Reggie would've killed each other by now. But it was just amusing to the rest of them, seeing Luke get annoyed with Reggie's sarcastic clap backs and ideas for songs.

But this weekend was a real bonding experience for them all, and it was bringing not only Saf closer to Julie, but to the boys as well.

They had all opened up about their likes and dislikes, favourite colours and movies, for the boys, this was difficult to discuss as they had missed a lot. Explaining the Harry Potter movies to them blew their minds as they had only read the first couple of books.

It felt good for all of them, finally being able to just talk about something other than death and music. Their friendships were blossoming into something incredible, despite the tensions in the air surrounding Saf, and Luke.

Right now, they had managed to complete a song, with a melody, and they were taking a break, having used up all their ideas for the day.

They had come up with a few more songs, but nothing quite as fleshed out as the one they had. Luke, Saf and Julie had done all the writing, where Alex and Reggie had drummed out a melody for them. And they were proud of what they had.

"This is a real anthem, right here." Luke exclaims, throwing down his pen and leaning back on the floor, his arms extended behind him as his stretches out on the carpet.

Saf was sat cross legged next to him, Julie chilling on the arm chair, Alex behind his drum set and Reggie sat on one of the stools.

"I can't lie, it sounds amazing." Saf adds, picking up the sheet of lyrics and reading over them.

Edge of Great.

They even had a title for it. This song was going to get them places.

"That's because we have some incredible writers in the room! Am I right?" Luke exclaims, pointing over to the two sisters, both blushing as they look at the floor.