twelve; fulfilment

twelve; fulfilment

THE STUDIOSUNDAY MORNING

THE STUDIO
SUNDAY MORNING

THE MOMENT THE sun came up on Sunday, Saf was waiting at the door of the studio for her sister. Her hands were shaking, her legs were shaking, and her mouth had gone dry with nerves.

All she had been thinking about since she left her room was finally having the chance to finish Stand Tall with Julie, with the help of Luke, Alex and Reggie.

This was the moment she had been waiting for, for two whole years. Saf had completely regretted not making it home to Julie that night, and writing the song with her the following day. But all of that was in the past now, and she could finally make it up to her. Well, that was what she hoped. They still hadn't actually spoken about that night. Saf wasn't sure if that was a good idea just yet.

The boys were sitting comfortably on the couch and armchairs, ready to begin rehearsing and writing. Not a single word left their lips, knowing how tense Saf was.

Luke had made them aware of the song that had resided in her dream box since her death, and the emotions behind it. How completing it was fulfilling two years worth of regrets and mistakes, and fixing both girls' broken hearts.

And they understood better than anyone how important it was for this to be done.

They had read over what was written, and each boy had fallen in love with it in different ways. It wasn't just a song written by two sisters, it had much deeper meanings and emotions.

This was a song that meant something to them, too. All of them had been through a disastrous event in their lives, and Stand Tall took all of their hurt and struggles and pushed them forwards. And it wasn't even complete.

It had a verse and a chorus, and barely a melody, courtesy of Saf's short demonstration on the piano which brought a few tears to glisten their eyes.

But, with Julie, this song would be tremendous. It's completion would bring fulfilment and happiness far beyond what Saf would've hoped to achieve, had she decided to keep hidden.

And, it was all down to Luke that Saf showed herself and helped bring music back into their lives. She had so much to thank him for, and she had no idea how.

But as of right now, the room was silent, and the boys were watching Saf with so much tension, they were feeling it too.

"She's so nervous, she's making me nervous." Luke whispers to Reggie, the two sat on the couch together in the same way they were when Alex was pacing.

"Now you know how I felt when we played at Julie's school." Alex reminds them, leaning over and whispering from the arm chair so Saf couldn't hear and get even more nervous.