nine; boundaries

nine; boundaries

THE STUDIOTHAT AFTERNOON

THE STUDIO
THAT AFTERNOON

AFTER ALEX HAD left them to clear his head, the three remaining ghosts had taken to the instruments. In an effort to clear their own minds, and relax a little after the excitement at the school, the boys began experimenting with riffs and solos, and Saf was making up lyrics in her head to go with them.

Julie had yet to show herself after school, Saf knowing she was already home. They were half expecting her to run in and tell them all that her and Flynn were good again, before Luke bombarded her with the question of joining the band.

But, nevertheless, they patiently waited and continued experimenting with their music. The boys had been creating melodies and beats to some of Luke's lyrics. And they sounded incredible.

Right now, Luke was riffing, and Saf was sat on the coffee table, her legs crossed as she nodded her head to the beat.

"Reggie, what do you think of this riff?" He asks his friend, the boy standing a few feet away with his own red bass.

Luke changes the riff, playing something he had been working on throughout the afternoon. Saf nods her head, her body moving to the sound. Reggie does the same and he grins.

"Sweet. I'm feeling that. And then I come in with a little uh...," Reggie then begins adding a bass line, creating a sick melody that Saf stands up to, nodding her head as she walks over to them.

"Then Saf and Julie come in with their killer lyrics." Luke gives the girl a grin as the two boys strum away, and Saf laughs, moving in time with the music.

"And Sunset Curve is reborn!" Reggie exclaims, his voice masking the sound of Julie closing the studio doors, glaring at the two boys as they continue to play.

All three ghosts had forgotten the one rule of being in the studio: don't play when Julie isn't there. And the girl gladly reminds them.

"Guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." She sighs, and the boys stop playing.

"But we're not alone, cause we always have each other." Reggie grins, pointing to Luke who swings his arm around the boys chest, bringing him into a hug.

"Ugh." Julie rolls her eyes and walks over to the amp, unplugging it and dropping the lead. Saf grimaces.

"But...but we had the volume level on one!" Luke exclaims, pulling off his guitar strap and leaning his instrument against his stand.