ten; flying solo

ten; flying solo

THE STUDIOTHAT EVENING

THE STUDIO
THAT EVENING

THEY HAD REHEARSED the song as best as they could in the thirty minutes that Flynn had given them. And they sounded pretty great; as great as you could be for thirty minutes of rehearsal.

All that was left to do now was perform to Flynn and hope that she didn't freak out. It wasn't the fact that they were ghosts that Saf was scared about Flynn knowing. It was the fact that she was one of them, a ghost.

Sure, three ghost boys in a ghost band was cool enough to just accept and move on with. But her best friends dead sister? That could go either way. Saf only hoped that Flynn accepted it and didn't run out screaming for the Ghostbusters.

The band reaches the end of the song, and Julie sings the last note, smiling at her sister with a nod of her head. The boys cut the music and they all grin at each other.

They sounded great.

"Alright. Flynn should be here in a minute. How's everyone feeling?" Julie asks, setting her microphone back in its place on the electric piano and getting to her feet.

"Nervous." Alex says through a smile, clasping his drumsticks tight and exhaling slowly.

"You'll be fine. We've got this." Luke tells them, adjusting his guitar strap and moving his microphone backwards. Julie turns to look at her sister, knowing the girl was panicking.

"How about you, Saf?" She asks warmly, walking over to where she was stood by the piano. Saf let's out a chuckle and sighs.

"Other than terrified for my dead life?" She attempts to joke, but Julie sees right through it and gives her a smile.

"Don't be. Flynn will understand and it'll all be fine." She reassures her. Saf sighs.

She had no choice but to believe her sister and accept that whatever happens next, it had to be done. There was no backing out of this now. She couldn't let Julie down, for her sake.

A knock comes from the garage door, and everyone freezes.

"Okay. Everybody in position. We've got this." Julie tells them, and sends Saf a big smile before walking over to the door.

The older sister shakes, her microphone rattling against her hand. She knew she would feel better once the music started and she began singing with Julie, but she couldn't help the panic and complete fear running through her body.