four; music is back

four; music is back

THE STUDIO

THE MUSIC REMAINS lingering in the silence moments after Saf and Julie had finished singing. The younger Molina cradles the song sheets to her chest, her tears dropping onto her knees.

"Mom would be proud of you." Saf tells her warmly, pulling off her guitar strap and walking around the piano, placing her instrument against it.

Julie looks up from the music sheets, wiping at her tears. She lets out a light laugh.

"Would she?"

Saf bends down so she's at eye level with her sister. How she wished she could wipe the stray tears from the girls eyes, bring her in for a hug and just comfort her the way she knew best.

"Of course she would. I'm proud of you." She tells her, giving her a warm smile. Julie looks down at the floor.

"Thanks, Saf."

The older Molina looks down at her hands, her fingertips disappearing through the stool Julie was sat on. She sighs. Julie watches the girl with curiosity.

"I know this is all really strange, creepy, even. But you've made me, us, feel alive again." Saf tells her, motioning with her arms to the boys that weren't there, still parading the city, she thought.

"Singing with you, Julie...that's all I wanted for the last two years. And I'm so thankful we did it." Saf looks up at her sister with teary eyes, holding back the flood of emotion which was bound to come out if she kept talking.

Julie smiles, and goes to place a hand on Saf's shoulder. She quickly realises their situation and stops herself. She sighs and looks back up at Saf.

"Me too. You have no idea how much I missed you, Saf. Missed all of this." Julie motions around the studio, and Saf follows her gaze.

"I'm glad I have you back."

Saf looks back at her slowly, struggling to comprehend the words from her sisters mouth. Julie was glad to have her back, and that was all she needed to hear.

The older Molina opens her mouth to thank her, but she is interrupted by another female voice from the garage doors.

"Carlos told me you'd be out here." Saf stands up quickly, tripping on the carpet and standing to the side, almost forgetting that only Julie could see her.