Lows and a Spy

I gave a small sigh as I stepped foot into my apartment. I knew that there would be dust after a week of not cleaning, but I couldn't help it since I was stuck in the damned hospital for the majority of that time.

Obito was busy at school, just like all of the rest of the aspiring shinobi and kunoichi.

I looked around before deciding that I would start in my bedroom. I began to purge my apartment of all the dust and other dirt that had gathered in my time at the hospital. I had cleaned for a solid three hours before my apartment was nice and clean.

A shower was next up on the list, though I had to be careful of the cast that still remained on my right arm. That shower was long and warm, giving me enough time to allow my thoughts to drift off.

Orochimaru would be staying in the hospital for another day or two. He had promised that he would ‘drop by’ as soon as he was released. The giddiness that filled his eyes had me weary of what he was planning.

I sighed as I figured that my ass was going to get beaten by a sannin. I then shook those thoughts off to wonder just how far behind I'd be in the academy. I didn't want to show myself as smarter than I was by catching up easily. I could catch the eye of Danzō that way…

At the thought of Danzō, my thought drifted once more. Would he cause problems again? Would the war be inevitable so long as he is alive? Could the Third Shinobi World War be prevented if he was out of the picture?

I sighed heavily as I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I then got dressed in pajamas and just laid down in bed. I was too tired to go to the academy, and it's not like I'd be able to participate in the taijutsu class that was taking place in the afternoon, which it now was.

Staring at the ceiling provided little entertainment. In fact, it only made me more tired.

I was tired of feeling tired.

I closed my eyes and attempted to fall into a peaceful sleep. I succeeded in one of the two tasks I had set out on. Sleeping was always easy for me, but it being peaceful was never a guaranteed thing.

I awoke with a start in the darkness of my bedroom, my chest heaving as a loud pop seemed to echo around the inside of my skull. I clutched my chest with my left hand as I remembered my final moments in my old life, a life that was filled with nothing but insecurities and doubts. Tears filled my eyes as I sat alone in that dark room.

No one would extend a helping hand out to me. Would anyone even notice if I cried out in this empty room of mine? Would anyone notice that something is amiss?

No, they wouldn't…

They had yet to notice before now, so what would change by me crying? I would be seen as pathetic and weak, even if I was by myself when I showed my emotions.

I grabbed my head and tugged on my hair roughly, trying to focus myself on something else. I could feel my eyes burn with every new tear that formed. I closed my eyes, causing my tears to finally fall down my cheeks. I screamed silently as loneliness filled me to the core. I just wanted someone else to be there with me.

My family was never the type to show affection, at least not to me. My friends were the only positive reinforcement that I had in life. Of course, my friends had all gone off to college, leaving me behind with my family as I decided my hand at the company my family ran in our shitty city.

Why did I have to be reborn? Why couldn't I have stayed remaining in the peaceful oblivion? Why couldn't I have the love of a family? Why couldn't I have friends that would last? Why is it that I was born into a shitty world where child soldiers were perfectly acceptable?