The Decision

Yoon Seri is the youngest of three siblings and the only daughter of her parents. The family was well off but did not have the wealth that her Uncle Man Bok had. When her father passed, she used the inheritance she acquired to start her own business of beauty salons across the city then eventually ventured to beauty clinics.

Through introductions of her Uncle, she met a few famous actresses who have been loyal customers of her salons and clinics and her business has gained popularity ever since.

Her next big project was coming up with her own skin care line.

There was already a lot of products out in the market so Seri wanted to make sure that her products catered to her existing customer base, yet bring in new people. For that, she needed to make sure to fund research and come up with new offers. Research meant that she needed extra funds, which she had but not a lot of.

"If you do this, house sit for me and help me out in business while I'm away, then okay. I will give you the money."

"But, Uncle! I do not know anything about electronics and technology!" She protested.

"I'll have someone help you."

She found out that this 'someone' will be living under the same roof. "What? I don't want to live with anyone!"

Man Bok rolled his eyes. "He will be on the other end of the house while you take this wing. You won't need to see each other. However -" he cautioned before Seri could properly rejoice. "I insist that you spend meals together. I will not have my staff cater to separate schedules of two brats."

"I am not a brat!"

Her Uncle chuckled. "Besides, if you will be working together on my business, it is best to have a common time to meet. Mealtimes should be good, yes?"

Seri looked at her Uncle skeptically. "Yes."

"You do know that you can opt out anytime, right? I do not wish to force anything on you."

She patted the hand of her favorite Uncle. "I know. I trust you. I'll do my best. Just make sure you relax and get your tests then come home healthy. Alright?"

"Write me often while I'm away."

Today was the date of her move. Locking up her flat, she hauled her luggage to head to her temporary abode -- Man Bok's mansion.

She skipped as she got down the car. The place had several huge bedrooms, its own movie theatre, music room, a ballroom, a pool and a large garden. At the basement, it also had a private gym, and indoor heated pool and massage parlour in its amenities.

Seri had not been able to explore the property in its entirety but, like her Uncle said, she knew that there were two residential wings in the house but the dining area was located in the middle where the family would gather for meals but there were multiple living rooms and guest areas for visitors.

Not only was the property significant in size, each piece of furniture reeked of opulence and good taste of its owners.

She was thrilled to be living here if only for a little while.

Still, she took a moment to pray for her Uncle. Please keep him safe.

Seri was escorted to the dining hall as it was close to lunchtime. There, she saw the back of a man's head. "Oh hello, I'm --"

The man turned. "NO! You?!"

Seri's eyes narrowed. Crossing her arms, she said, "Well, will you look at that. You ghosted me all those years ago and yet here we are again."