The Modification

"Jeong Hyeok, you're on your phone again?" Seri complained at lunch.

It had been a week and the adjustment was slowly taking its toll on both of them.

Seri realized that Jeong Hyeok was on his phone quite often, playing his game or perusing some game design that needed his feedback. It was so common for him that even during meals, he couldn't carry on a conversation because his attention was somewhere else.

For all her issues with this though, Jeong Hyeok would get annoyed that when he put his phone away, Seri wouldn't talk to him or even look at him after nagging him about it. "Why do you care? You have nothing to say to my anyway?"

"Still. Focus on eating."

"I don't recall Man Bok giving you Boss rights over me," Jeong Hyeok shot back.

Days later, when Seri took a call while they were eating dinner, he loudly cleared his throat.

"This is important," Seri hissed.

"Doesn't matter. If I have to follow your rules, then you have to follow the same. Put that down," he insisted.

Not ready to surrender, Seri said into her mobile, "Yes, I was thinking --"

"AHEM! AHEM! AHEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMM!"

Seri narrowed her eyes at him. Exhaling loudly, she said to the person on the other end of the line, "I'll call you back later. There's an annoying person here that requires my attention."

Jeong Hyeok smiled triumphantly.

When the call was ended, Seri asked, "There. Happy?"

He shrugged. "I don't care really."

"OH YOU!"

He smiled smugly.

That night, in her scrapbook that was now doubling as her journal, she put in one of the stolen shots she took while he was outdoors.

On another day, Jeong Hyeok was headed out only to see a truck come in filled with Seri's clothes. "Are you bringing in a hundred dresses, too?"

"No," Seri replied.

"Then how come --"

"I have double that."

Jeong Hyeok rolled his eyes.

"I need this for my business. Like you said, do not judge what you don't understand," Seri reminded, throwing him the smug look he gave her days ago.

Narrowing his eyes, Jeong Hyeok bit his tongue and went into his car. With his busy day, he arrived home late and didn't make it to dinner, so headed straight to the kitchen to look for something to eat since he wasn't able to eat due to the back-to-back meetings he had that day.