Chapter 5 : The Visit

I slowly open my eyes, and I smell the cent of breakfast. I get ahold of my phone, turn it on and see that it's 11:14am on a Sunday. I lift the blanket off me and get up from Evrie's couch. I hear sizzling, I walk towards the kitchen and see Evrie cooking bacon and eggs on the pan. "Good morning, hungry?" Evrie asks me, "Y-yeah, that smells great by the way," I compliment her, "Thanks!" She says with happiness in her voice.
     Evrie then puts some bacon and eggs on a plate and the rest on another. She then serves them on the table, "C'mon, sit down, let's eat," she tells me. So I then join her to the table, and we begin to eat together. "Mmm!, This is fantastic Evrie," I say, "Hee hee, Thank you!" Evrie replies and wags her tail. "So, what are you gonna do today?" Every asks me, "Hmm I think I'll be visiting my parents, say.... Wanna come with?" I ask.
     "Yeah! That'd be great, i'de love to meet your parents, wait..... Are you an only child?" She asks me, "No, I've got a sister but she already moved out, and she probably has her own family now," I answer. "Oh, okay, well the gas sucker has gotten enough gas from the ground to fill your car's tank," She says, "Alright then, we should be set to go," I respond. We then finish eating, get ready to go and head to the car after getting some gas. "Buckled up?" I ask Evrie, "Yep!" She responds, "Ok, let's go," I say and I start the car and drive off to my parents house. After driving for about 3 hours, I get to my old neighborhood in the suburbs.
     And then I park in front of my parents house. Me and Evrie step out of my car and walk towards the house. I get to the door and Evrie is behind me, *Knock! Knock!* The door then opens a moment later. "(Y/n)! You came!," My mom excitedly states and hugs me, I hug back, "Yeah, hey ma...." I respond. My dad then comes out too, "Son, how have you been?" He asks me, "I could've been better," I answer.
     "Guys, I have someone i'de like you to meet, this is Evrie," I then point their attention towards her and they stay quite for a bit. "Is she your girlfriend?" My dad asks, "NO!" I say blushing, Evrie giggles and blushes a bit. "Dad, Mom, this is my friend Evrie, she's a wolf and we've known each other for a while now," I explain to my parents. "Hello, it's nice to meet you," Evrie says to my parents, "Oh why it's so nice to meet you too!" My mom says, my dad just stays quite. "Anyways, can we come in dad?" I ask, "Ah yes, of course come in, come in," my dad says and me and Evrie enter my parent's home.
     After entering, we close the door, lock it and take off our extra upper wear (coats, hats, hoodies, etc) and get  cozy. "So, are you two kids hungry?" My mom asks me and Every, "Oh no, we've actually eating before coming here so we're good but thanks Mrs.....," Evrie stops, "(Ln), Mrs.(Ln)" my mom finishes her sentence with a smile, "Oh, hee hee," Evrie giggles. "So why did you two come, hmm?" My mom asks us, "I just wanted to visit you guys, that's all, Evrie decided to come with me," I answer. "Hmm, well since there's not much to do right now, why don't you show your friend around the house hmm?" My dad asks, "Oh, ok sure, c'mon Evrie," I say to Evrie. We start with the first floor, and we just look around.
     We walk through the kitchen, the living room and the dining room, Evrie liking each one of them. We then go upstairs to see my parent's room and my room. We first enter my parent's, "Ooh, looks fancy!" Evrie compliments, "Yeah, they like their things tidy up here," I respond. We then leave my parent's room and enter mine, "This is my old room Evrie, whaddya think?" I ask her. "I think it looks like your room," she answers and we both laugh.
     After the viewing of the rooms, we check out the bathroom, "Wow, looks very clean....." Every says, "Yep, like I said, my parents like to keep things in order here," I respond. Finally, we go back downstairs and check out the backyard. We see the flowers that are on the sides, "Wow, they're so beautiful!" Evrie exclaims. "My mom really likes flowers, so she gardens," I respond. After a while we head inside,  and my parents offer us food and drink.
     Me and Evrie happily accept and we go to the living room to watch a movie. We sit on the couch together pretty close, and my mom puts a movie on for us of our choosing. We decided to watch (your choosing of a movie). After a few minutes I notice Evrie getting sleepy and she looses control of her neck, having her head rest on my shoulder. She realizes what she did and quickly lifts her head off my shoulder, "Sorry, im tired heh," Evrie says, and we both lightly blush.
     "It's alright, I understand," I respond, Evrie smiles a warm smile and we continue to watch the movie together. After the movie ends, it's around 8pm and me and Evrie decide it's time to leave. We give our farewells to my parents and get into the vehicle leaving the neighborhood. "That was fun," Evrie says, "Yeah, I had fun too," I respond to her. "Hey, thanks for coming, it was nice having you along," I say to Evrie, "Sure, no problem," she replies.
     After about 20 minutes on the road, Evrie gets a call, she answers the phone and seems to be surprised. "What's wrong?" I ask her, "M-my farm is on fire!" She answers loudly, and I hit the pedal to the metal. We get to her farm faster than we should've and we get out of the truck to get a better view. We stand at a safe distance watching Evrie farm fade away in flames. "I d-dont know what I'm going to do," She says, and she starts to cry.
    "I'm sorry Evrie," I tell her and I reach to pat her back and she lunges at me with a hug. She burrows her head into my chest and I put my left hand on her head and stroke her back with my right. "Don't worry Evrie, we can fix this," I tell her, and she looks up to me, "You r-really think s-so?" She asks with tears rolling down her cheeks, "Yes," I reply.
     End of Chapter 5