Chapter 6 : Starting Over

After the firemen put out the fire that burned Evrie's home, it was clear that it would take a lot of money to repair. Her grasslands were all black and crusty, and her house was burnt to a crisp. At this point, Evrie couldn't really do anything except move back in with her parents but they wouldn't let her. Me and Evrie are just standing at a safe distance, starting at what once was a home. "What am I gonna do? Without a home, I'll lose my job," Evrie asks to herself.
     I think about how I can help her, and I get the best idea. I smile and start laughing, "What's so funny?" Evrie asks me with a concerned face. "How about you move in with me? For the meantime you can work from my home, and after you've gained enough money, you buy a new house!" I answer her with a smile. "Hmm, I don't know, that's way too kind of you...." Evrie says with a hint of blush, "N-no, it's okay really, c'mon, I'll help you fix this, I'm your friend after all," I say. "*Sigh* fine" Evrie says with a smirk and a wag of her tail, and we ride off to my house, to go and rest since it's late and close to 10pm.
     We then arrive to my apartment building, "Is this where you live?" Evrie asks, "Yeah, it's not much but it gets the job done," I answer her. We enter and then get to my room, I take out my keys and open my door. "Ladies first," I tell Evrie jokingly, "Wow, what a gentlemen," Evrie says with a smile, and we both chuckle. We walk into my apartment, and Evrie admires it. "I know, I'm sorry it's not that pretty, but I try to make it homey," I apologize to Evrie, "No, it's okay, thanks for this (Y/N), I really appreciate it," She says.
     "Well, anyways, mi casa is tu casa," I tell Evrie and she laughs causing me to laugh too. "Uh, the bathroom's over there, you can use my shampoo for showers, if you're hungry you can help yourself to whatever's in the fridge and pantry, and if you wanna watch TV there's my living room," I tell Evrie, "Thanks, listen.... All my chlothes was burned, I was wondering if....." Evrie hesitates to continue, "Say no more," I cut her off.
I then gets some of my chlothes and give it to her, "Thanks," Evrie says and she takes my chlothes and goes to the bathroom. While she's taking a shower, I get a snack and plop down on my sofa, turning on the TV and watching the news. "This just in, a farm was burned to the ground by an accidental fire, but investigators believe there is more g-" I cut the reporter off by turning the TV off and I get up to throw my trash away.
     As I'm done with that small moment, Evrie comes out of the bathroom smelling fresh as she can be. She's wearing a white hoodie, and some white sweatpants that make her body pop out from the waist down. I stare at her for a moment, "Um, is there something on me?" Evrie asks me, I blush and quickly say "No, it's just.... Don't worry about it," I answer her. "Y'know there's only one bed so you can have it, I'll sleep on my couch," I tell Evrie, "Really? I can sleep on the couch if you want," She asks. "Nah, it's cool," I tell her and I give her a pillow and blanket.
     "Well, thanks then (Y/N)," She says, "No problem," I reply with a smile. She then heads into my room and closes the door, I lay on my couch, and I fall asleep without a blanket or pillow.

Time Skip

     After quite a lot time, Evrie saved up enough money to buy a new home, and she was planning on moving out of my apartment. Three years have passed, through that time we got closer and closer as friends, but recently I've been feeling that we're..... More. "Well, I've purchased my new home, wanna go see it?" Evrie asks me, "Sure, why not?" I reply. "I then drive off to her house, which is similiar to her old one, we look around. Obviously there's not much because there's furniture, decorations and more stuff that makes a home to be bought, but it's a start. "I've bought new furniture too, and a king sized bed as well," Evrie tells me, "King Size? Why king size?" I ask her. "You'll see," she tells me with a smirk and a bit of blush.
     Three weeks pass by and everything has been settled to make Evrie's new home, a home! I'm currently chilling at my place when Evrie asks me to go see her home, I agree and I drive to her house. I knock on the door but then it opens..... By itself? I walk inside and I see a note on the wall, I grab it and it says "Go to my bedroom". I crumble the note and put it into my pocket, then I start walking upstairs.
     I get to Evrie's room and open the door, I enter but I don't see her. I then hear the door close behind me and I turn around, only to see Evrie half naked in her bra and panties.

     End of Chapter 6