Two

24 hours turns into a week before Harry and Charlie find any new lead. The boys have been spending nearly the entire week together. The more they look into Louis disappearance the more Charlie and Harry are convinced it's linked to the case they are working on.

Three boys all aged 18 and 19 have gone missing within Manchester over the last eight weeks. The boys were all similar in appearance to Louis, football scholars at university and were gay. None of the boys knew each other or went to the same university and although Louis is only 17 they are still convinced the cases are connected. They will work this case until they find this killer and they need to find Louis before his body turns up like the other three.

All boys have turned up on their respected football fields, naked, tortured and freshly killed. It's usually two weeks between body's and as time ticks by Harry and Charlie feel more restless.

"Styles" Harry says direct as he answers his phone.

"Boss, new body has shown up, Leicester park" Max says on the other end.

Harry's heart stops

"We're on our way" Harry says as he and Charlie climb into Harry's rover

"It might not be him Haz, different area" Charlie tries.

"It's the field across the road from his uni" Harry says

Charlie sighs, it doesn't look good.

They pull up to the park and Harry and Charlie get out to a closed off crime scene full of police, ambulance officers and the coroner. Harry sucks in his breath as they approach the boy lying face down on the grass, naked.

Please don't be Louis, please god don't be Louis. Is all Harry keeps saying over and over in his head.

As he gets closer they are let through the police tape and Harry's heart sinks. The boy has brown hair but he can't see his face.

"Defective Styles, Detective Stone" They are greeted by everyone.

"What have we got" Charlie asks

"Young boy, aged 19, Joshua Lint by his ID" One of the police officers says.

Harry and Charlie relax, thank god it's not Louis. The media is around though and no doubt the boys would have heard of a body being found.

"Estimated time of death?" Harry asks

"Not more than 8 hours" Karen their coroner says.

Harry nods, it's the same circumstances as their killer. Harry's phone then starts ringing and he looks down to see Scott calling. Harry quickly answers

"It's not him Scotty, it okay" Harry says gently.

Harry hears Scott relax and a quiet sob escape him, and Harry too has a lump in his throat hearing Scott's vulnerability.

"Thank fuck" Scott says choked

"We will be over tonight, I'll give you a rundown" Harry says

"Thanks Haz, see you soon" Scott says and they hang up.

This case is getting personal for Harry, he is so invested it's got him. He knows this happens, that there is always that one case in your career that hits you so hard you eat, breathe and live it. Harry knows this is his case and will do everything he can to bring Louis home safely.

When Harry and Charlie are driving back to the station Harry brings up some concerns.

"There is no missing person listed under Joshua lint, Angela couldn't find anything. He's never been reported missing. We need to find out why" Harry says.

Charlie starts making some calls as Harry drives through the streets, he's so thankful the boy wasn't Louis but he feels so guilty thinking that. The poor kid lost his life, was tortured like the other three victims and this case is quickly becoming one of the largest, horrific cases in Manchester history.

"He's from a foster home, his foster parents are waiting for us back at the station, apparently he's only been gone 24 hours, somethings not right" Charlie says as he gets off the phone.

"Fuck. He's trying to throw us off the scent and it's something to do with Louis" Harry says.

It's silent for a few minutes the boys just thinking.

"So, how well did you know Louis?" Charlie asks trying to understand Harry's attachment to this case.

"I mean, he was always around when I would visit the boys at home, he was a cute kid, always smiling, he loved my hair for some reason and would always want to put it in ponytails" Harry smiles at the memory. "I remember how much the boys loved him and doted on him" Harry says.

"Yeah, me too, I remember him always wanted to come out with us and the boys having to promise him red gummy bears when they got home to keep him from getting upset" Charlie chuckles.

Harry smiles at that, Louis loved red gummy bears and Harry would always sneak him a packet without his parents or the boys seeing.

"I feel close to him, the boy's are family, I called Jay Mum and the boys did the same with mine" Harry says slightly upset

"Why did you lose touch?" Charlie asks.

Harry sighs

"I joined the force and we just got so busy, Scott was working all hours at the hospital and we just stopped calling. The boys were always on my mind though I wanted to get back in touch but when I went to their old house, of course they'd moved. What about you?" Harry confesses as he asks Charlie.

"Pretty much the same, I was in law before this. Edward and I were University partners but I quickly figured out it wasn't for me and well, here I am"Charlie chuckles.

"I can't imagine what they are going through" Harry says.

Charlie sighs

"I can't give them bad news" Charlie says as they pull up to the station.

Harry stops the car and looks at Charlie.

"We won't" Harry says sternly and Charlie nods as they exist the car.