Chapter 10

"It's a healthy baby!" anunsyo ng ob-gyne habang may gamit na tool sa ibabaw ng tiyan ni Katrina.

She was now looking at the monitor, mesmerized by the little life inside of her with a heart beating like her own. It was the first time she's seen her baby on a monitor at halos maiyak siya sa tuwa.

This baby may not be planned pero gusto niya pa ring buhayin ito. She glanced at the man standing beside her bed. He was also looking intently on the monitor with awe visible on his face.

Then, he looked at her and smiled. It was a smile that speaks a thousand words, like he was telling her that everything will be all right. He grabbed her hand and held on to it tightly then kissed her on the forehead.

Napawi ang galit niya sa binata kanina nang magaway sila sa sasakyan nito ng dahil lang sa nadatnan siya nitong kumakain ng isaw kasama ang kaibigan niyang si Peter.

"Do you want to have a boy or a girl?" tanong ng doktora sa kanilang dalawa.

"Any, doc," sagot ni Aspen.

"Alright, but visit me again next month and we can determine the baby's gender."

Tumango-tango si Aspen and smiled at Katrina. Mukhang masayang-masaya na ito ngayon.

The checkup ended quickly. Katrina knew that their next stop would be the DNA testing clinic sa ospital na iyon. Pero nagulat siya ng bumalik na sila sa parking ni Aspen.

He opened the car door for her to go in at pagkatapos ay sumakay na rin ito sa driver's seat.

"Hindi ba tayo pupunta sa DNA testing clinic?" she asked nang i-start na ng binata ang sasakyan.

Umiling ito, then looked at her intently. "I'm sorry," he seriously said. "I'm sorry for the things I said a while ago, Katrina." He reached out for her hand and held it tight.

"W-Wala na 'yon," she answered and tried to pull back her hand but he held on to it tighter.

"I don't need a DNA test. Naniniwala na ako sa'yo. I believe you when you said I'm the only man you've ever slept with. You were a virgin when I took you, I know because I remember it. At hindi man tayo nagkita ng tatlong buwan pagkatapos iyon, I believe you when you said the baby is mine. I'm sorry for making you feel like... like I don't respect you. I'm really sorry."

Nagulat si Katrina sa biglaang litanyang iyon ng binata. She didn't expect him to say sorry nor to postpone the DNA test.

"Speak. Say something please... Are you still mad at me?" he probed.

Umiling siya. "H-Hindi na, Aspen... Salamat."

"I should have believed you then. But when I heard the baby's heartbeat a while ago, I knew it in my heart that it was mine." He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it. "Thank you for giving me the best gift, Katrina."

"Alam ko naman na hindi mo talaga plinanong magkaanak kagad ngayon."

"I know. But I'll figure it out. I'll figure it out for us." He smiled. And what he did next was something new for her. He bent over to kiss her gently on the lips.

But what she didn't understand was how her body responded to his. It was like her lips had a life of its own. She kissed him back with the same gentleness.

Hindi niya namalayan when his arms went around her, pushing her more to his chest. He easily scooped her up at inilagay siya on his lap as they continued kissing.

His lips went down to her neck, biting and tickling her senses while her arms went around his neck, giving in to the feel of his lips on her skin.

"You're so... fucking beautiful," he said in between kisses.