Chapter 18

Katrina was left alone in his huge penthouse. It has been six hours since Aspen left at madilim na sa labas pero hindi pa rin bumabalik ito. Kasalukuyan siyang nasa den habang nagsa-scan ng maaaring mapanood sa TV just to distract herself but she couldn't.

His face after watching the news will forever be etched in her memory.

It felt as if anytime now, he was going to leave her. He was emotionless when he left, ordering her to stay put at huwag aalis hangga't wala siya.

So that's what she's doing now. Wala siyang ganang kumain kaya hindi siya naghahalungkat sa ref nito.

Nagulat din siya sa balita. Hindi niya alam kung paano iyon nalaman ng mga press. Basta na lamang tumawag si Miguel kanina para ipaalam kay Aspen ang laman ng balita.

When Aspen opened the TV, naka-plaster doon ang mukha ni Katrina. It was stolen photos of her entering his condo building, riding in his car, eating with him in a restaurant. But worst of all, na-expose din doon ang ultrasound photos ng anak niya. The headline read: "Billionaire and engaged Aspen Alcaraz, out with his pregnant mistress".

"Fuck!" she heard Aspen cursed. "Fuck!"

"A-aspen... paanong..." she tried to speak up.

"Hindi ko rin alam! Those journalist! They're fucking dead," wika nito. And all of a sudden, his phone was ringing again. But this time, it was his father calling.

"Fuck," he cursed again, staring at his phone screen at pagkatapos ay dinecline ang tawag.

Aspen just looked at her, emotionless and tired. "I'm sorry, Katrina. I have to go." He quickly grabbed his coat at pumasok sa private elevator.

His face will forever haunt her dreams.

Nadawit na rin doon ang mga Tantocos dahil kaka-announce lamang the previous week ng engagement ng mga ito. Even Dahlia was dragged into the news.

And now, there were nonstop calls in her phone - from Selena and from her parents. Pero wala siyang sinasagot ni isa. She was scared. Dahil ngayon, alam niyang nanganganib na magbago ang isip ni Aspen about her.

She saw fear in his eyes a while ago - the realization na maaari siyang itakwil ng pamilya niya at ng Papa niya. This is a major scandal for the Alcaraz clan lalo na at nadawit rin pati ang mga Tantoco.

She didn't know what to do. Akala niya ay maaayos na ang lahat between them... but she was so wrong.

****

The intercom buzzed at around 11PM. Katrina quickly answered it, thinking it was gonna be Aspen. But no, it was Gio on the other line. Papataas ito ngayon at humihingi ang lobby ng permiso na ipagamit dito ang penthouse elevator.

She agreed and waited in the main sala for him. Is he here to kick her out dahil hindi siya kayang makita o harapin ni Aspen?

The elevator opened after two quiet minutes and out came Gio and her best friend Selena.

"Katie!" sigaw ni Selena and rushed to hug her.

And in the arms of her best friend, she cried. It was the first time today that she cried - out of fear, frustration and confusion. Hindi pa rin tumatawag si Aspen at hindi niya alam ang dapat maramdaman.

"We brought dinner. Selena was worried na baka hindi ka pa kumakain. And I tried calling Aspen pero hindi siya sumasagot," Gio said.

Selena wiped away her tears. "Katie, we're here. Huwag kang mag-alala. I'm sure maaayos to ni Aspen."

Umiling siya. "I think... i think he hates me now. I've ruined his name and his life..." she continued saying in between sobs.

"No, Katie... It can't be. That bastard loves you," Selena said.

"It's not your fault, Katrina. They're now searching kung sino ang may kagagawan ng paglabas ng balitang iyon."

"How's your family taking it? Si Dahlia?" she asked. Nadawit ang pangalan nito sa issue. And it is a social shame na may ibang nabuntis ang sarili mong fiance.

"Dahlia's okay. She's worried about Aspen. They've talked about breaking off the engagement days ago. They were supposed to talk to both our parents tomorrow. Pero naunahan lang ng balitang iyon. My parents are furious of course. But... what can we do? They're not pushing through with the marriage and they both love someone else," Gio stated.

"But Aspen... paano kung hindi ito matanggap ng pamilya niya?" she asked, still in tears.

Gio just shrugged. "You have nothing to worry about, Katrina. It's Aspen. He's strong. Whatever happens, itakwil man siya ng mga magulang niya, he's strong enough to survive. May sarili naman kaming businesses kaya mabubuhay pa rin siya kahit tanggalan siya ng mana ng ama niya."

She shook her head. "But he will hate me for sure..."

"Katie, huwag mo ng i-stress ang sarili mo. You're pregnant," paalala ni Selena. "Aspen will surely hate you kapag may masamang nangyari sa anak ninyo."

Katrina tried to listen to her best friend. But her hearts was still tearing into pieces. She was now a national shame, a billionaire's pregnant mistress. Pero wala siyang pakialam. Gusto lang niyang malaman na hindi siya iiwan ni Aspen... not in this lifetime.

****

One night turned into four days. Four days of no communication.

It was like Aspen just wiped her out of his life for good. Hindi ito umuuwi sa penthouse niya. Katrina has waited for four days but there was no sign of him. The news continued blabbering about the biggest scandal in the country from two of its most powerful families.

From day one ay patuloy pa rin ang press sa paghabol sa iba't ibang myembro ng pamilya ng mga Alcaraz at Tantoco. Katrina saw in the news kung paano kuyugin ng mga reporter si Dahlia ng makita ito sa isang restaurant. Gayundin ang mama ni Aspen.

Day three of the news was the worst. Pumutok ang balita na cancelled na ang engagement nina Aspen at Dahlia. The press was blaming her for it - they called her "the evil, pregnant witch" who ruined this fairy tale love story. She stopped watching the news then. Pinatay rin niya ang telepono niya para hindi makita ang mga memes na lumalabas sa social media tungkol sa kanya.

She was now a laughingstock for the entire country.

But she didn't care... as long as umuwi sa kanya si Aspen. She can endure it all. But day three didn't produce any Aspen on the doorstep. Ni anino nito ay hindi niya makita. So here she was, down to day four at nawalan na ng pag-asa.

He could have at least sent word to her, talked to her, called her. Pero wala...

So she fixed herself that day, put on as much cover as she can para hindi siya makilala paglabas niya ng building. She's planning to go back to the province for good. Para magpalipas doon ng pagbubuntis niya.

If Aspen won't return for her, she has to be strong for her and their baby....

****

A/N: Kaway-kaway sa mga strong, independent woman diyan na kakayanin ang mga bagay mag-isa! Vote, comment and don't forget to follow me. 😍🥰

Christmas ruuush is here. Ang traffic na ngayon, nga sizzums! Hope you're all safe. Magcelebrate kayo ng Christmas but make sure to still wear your masks for safety. 🤩

Love you all!!