Forbidden

This story uses the name of greek gods but not much more.

Growing up the children of Thanatos (Thanatos the personification of death) was forbidden from playing or speaking to any of the other god's children. Unless of course, they were their siblings, or they didn't have anything to do with life. An example would be Artemis's children (Artemis the goddess of wild animals, the hunt, and vegetation and of chastity and childbirth). Her children brought life with them everywhere they went. While anywhere Thanatos children walked death followed. While they were forbidden to interact with the certain gods it didn't mean all of them listened. All but one child of Thanatos listened. He was tall, pale, dark curly hair that always seemed to be in a mess, dark eyes that had flecks of gold, and was strong. His name was Jungkook. The youngest son of his father. He had been quite a handful for his father as he grew up. The young Jungkook would ask questions about everything and most of all he didn't seem to care for the one rule given to him. His father had to pull him away from other god's children. Now the male was grown up.

He got sneakier about getting close to the children that brought life. One had caught his eye and he desperately wanted to speak with the blue-haired beauty. The Blue-haired boy was walking along a small creek. Whenever he walked a path of flowers followed. He was tall, tan, beautiful, with pretty dark green eyes, and a deep voice to soothe anyone's worries. This boy was Taehyung the son of Antheia (the goddess of flowers and flowery wreaths). Jungkook had found that out after asking discreetly around. He admired the pretty male from afar wanting nothing more than to be able to approach him. Jungkook never hesitated to walk up to the other children but he hesitated to walk closer to the green-eyed beauty. He didn't want to kill the beauty surrounding Taehyung. He wanted to keep it alive. He didn't want to walk up to the beauty only to kill the flowers that surrounded him.

What the gods seemed to forget when giving rules is that without life there cannot be death, and without death, there cannot be new life. They needed each other it was something that every human child knew. The circle of life. Taehyung was not dumb. He could feel Jungkook's eyes on him every time he visited the creek. He knew of the rule yet he didn't care. Taehyung hopped that Jungkook would come out of the shadows and speak to him yet the male never did. It saddened Taehyung it truly did. While Jungkook admired Taehyung from afar Taehyung did the same thing but to him. He admired Jungkook greatly. Whenever he visited the creek and felt the eyes on his back he would blush and stay there till he had to return home. One day Taehyung sat by the creek. His feet in the water as is rushed by. As always he felt the eyes on him. Today he wouldn't ignore the eyes in hopes that he'd be approached by the owner of them. He turned and looked over his shoulder at the old willow tree. He knew that where The son of Thanatos lingered.

"Don't be so shy. Come and say hello." He soon saw the curly mess of hair pop out from behind the willow tree. A small frown on the handsome male's face. "I cannot say hello so close." "Why not?" Taehyung tilted his head to the side. A bright smiling falling onto his lips. Jungkook looked at him in awe before shaking his head. "If I come closer I'd kill the life around you." The blue-haired male looked down at the beautiful flowers around him. He loved them but they followed him everywhere. He could spare the life of a few flowers if it meant being able to speak to the male he admired. "Without death, new flowers cannot grow. Please join me." The male patted the patch of grass beside him. Jungkook licked his lips in thought before nodding to himself and walking closer to the beauty waiting for him. As he walked the grass he stepped on died. It bothered him but no the beauty waiting. Once he sat down Taehyung held out a yellow daisy.

"For you." "I cannot take it. It's too beautiful to die." Taehyung smiled and took Jungkook's hand in his own. He placed the yellow daisy into the male's hand. The daisy began to dry up and die. It laid brown and dried in Jungkooks hand. "It's still beautiful in its own way. There is beauty in death. I think people forget that but I haven't." Jungkook looked down at the daisy in his hand. Taehyung was right. In its own way, the daisy still remained beautiful. "I see. Is this why you are not afraid of me approaching you?" Taehyung shook his head. "No. I like to know the people I share the air with if I'm able to. It doesn't matter who's child you are." He hadn't thought Taehyung could be even more beautiful than he already was yet here he was proving Jungkook wrong. The two continued to meet together by the creek's edge. Learning more and more about each other. Taehyung had been sitting beside Jungkook with grapes. Popping one into his mouth every once and a while. Jungkook watched him with fond eyes.