Chapter 3

Edd's P.O.V.
I groaned and looked over at the clock. 8:00. Kevin must be getting up right about now...

Kevin's P.O.V.
I rolled over in bed and looked at the clock. I should be getting up now...

I got up and took a quick shower and got dressed carefully not to irritate my wounds. I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair. As I tucked it under my hat, pain shot threw my forehead. I had forgotten about the plate smashing into it. Luckily my hat and hair hid the nasty cut and bruise pretty well. As long as I kept my hat on I should be fine.

I crept downstairs silently not to wake my mom. And proceeded to the kitchen to grab a quick snack along with my bag. I grabbed a frozen waffle and put it in the toaster and kept a close eye on the time so I could unplug it before it went off to make sure it wouldn't wake up my mom. After putting on my shoes and grabbing my food I went over to Nazz's house so we could walk to the meeting together.

Getting to her house I knocked on the door. She opened it up sooner than I could knock a second time. I was surprised to see Nat already there chatting with Nazz. It was normal for them to talk and they are close but why was Nat at Nazz's house? "Hey Nazz and... Nat?" I say not even trying to hide the confusion in my voice.

(I do not own nat he belongs to his creator)

"Good morning to you to, Kevin. You're probably wondering why Nat is here so early. You see uh-" I cut her off.

I really didn't want to hear that they started dating but they were close. I mean they argued all the time and Nat was, is very immature. Oh well it's not really up to me. "No it's fine. I wish you would have just told me first that you two are a thing now." I said shrugging and walking past Nazz.

"What ewww" Nat and Nazz said simultaneously. They looked at each other and stuck there's tongues out like first graders. And Nat gagged.

"Gross, Dude no, why would you say that. We are just friends." She scoffed.

"Barely," Nat added. With a smirk.

"S-Sorry I put two and two together and... You know. He's at your house really early in the morning. I mean so early I seem late." After I finished Nat and Nazz both looked at each other like I didn't know something. "What?"

"Nothing dude," Nazz said with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry about it."

I gave a questioning glance but decided to trust them. I mean they are my two best friends. We went threw everything together. We may not be popular but everyone knows you wont see me with out them. I shrugged it off and said, "We should start heading out, were going to be late for the quiz bowl meeting if this continues."

We all headed out the door and started walking to school. Normal kids would usually be asleep, but I guess I wasn't normal. With the second highest gpa in our school. I would have gad the highest if it wasn't for Eddward Vincent. He was smart, really smart. So why did he hide being smart? He hung out with probably the dumbest people ever. Oh well, it's none of my business.

As we headed towards school u noticed that Nat and Nazz were walking behind me and whispering a lot. I turned around to look at them and they both froze up, "What?" Was the most brilliant thing I could have said at the time.

"Nothing it's just you seem really out of it today. are you okay?" Nazz asked looking at me worried.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?" I gave her a funny look.

"It's just-" she was cut off.

"You keep saying Eddward name and, and, and-" Nazz cut him off.

"When we passes his house you kept glancing at it. And said whats the plan? Are you planning on doing something to him?"

"Oh, uh I didn't know that I was talking out loud sorry," I continued walking. I didn't want to have explain that Edd and I were working on a project and... Wait was that even that bad? We were just assigned a project. It's not like I'm going over to the dark side or anything. Right? "Guys its cool we're just working on a project for Mr. Palmer's class. It's no big deal."

Nazz gasped and Nat's jaw dropped. "Oh. My. God." Nazz screamed. Nat started to dance like happy little girl.

"W-what?" I asked totally confused. Nat started to squeal at his smile grew from ear to ear.

"We picked our partners for that class," Nazz said still in shock.

Nat came up to my ear and whispered, "I ship it." Before dancing around like a lunatic.

I felt my face get hot. "Uh, I... What? I don't understand."

Nazz slapped Nat and said, "Kev, He picked you for a partner. He chose to be your partner, probably just to torment you." Nazz gave a look of disbelief and shook her head. "That- that- I don't even know what to call him. He is going to get it. If he thinks he can mess with you then he will-"

"Nazz slow down," I interrupted. "There is going to be a reason for this. Just let me figure it out."

"~Oh I know the reason~" Nat sang. Nazz and I both looked at him. "~Edd likes you-"

Nazz slapped him.

"Jeez. Or..." Nazz and I both gave him a look. He shrugged and with very little excitement said "Since his last name starts with V, Mr. Palmer could have gone in alphabetical order and he got stuck with you because you were gone. Or... he could have just chosen you because you almost have the same gpa as him. And he didn't want to work with a free loader."

I let out a sigh. That has to be it. I'm glad it's solved. I gave Nat a pat on the back and we all continued to walk to school.

Edd's P.O.V.
I looked at the clock from my kitchen counter. I let out a sigh and rubbed my eyes. 11:23 I had to wait at least till 11:45 to even leave my house. Couch gets mad when you swim without an adult or whatever around.

I got up from the kitchen table and went to my room to make sure I had packed everything. I did as usual. I had already checked over more than 10 times. What did I expect? All if my swim gear to grow legs are run for the hills?

Impossible.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and headed downstairs. I checked the time again. 11:27 I pulled out my phone and dialed a blue headed girls number. She picked up.

"Hello? Edd?"

"Greeting Marie."

"What's up? You need something?"

"Not really I just called to kill time. And since I didn't see you after school on Friday I was wondering if anything happened."

"Not much. I was gunna call you and see if you wanted to get drunk but you seemed busy. By the way... why did you pick Kevin to be your partner for the project thing?"

"Boredom. My Pumpkin had been avoiding me, so I decided I shouldn't be the one chasing him. He should just be required to find me."

"Why do you even bother with him? Isn't he just a nerd?"

I checked the time.

11:47

"Farewell Marie."

*Click*