⑨ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴍ

Akari carefully but swiftly crossed the bridge, while water was flowing out of the dam from the loss of the support beam. "Come on half and half! Jump!" (Name) yelled as Akari was nearing Shoto.

~Δ~

Shoto ran towards (Name), Akari right behind him. He jumped off the ledge, the horse missing him by a just hair, literally. Shoto landed below the aqueduct, a puddle breaking his fall, as he turned back he saw the twins rushing towards him. (Name) saw the twins and began descending, gliding and using the water to his advantage.

Trying to speed up his descend he jumped off the edge and landed where the aqueduct took a turn, breaking it in the process. He jumped towards another chunk of wood, and as it began to fall, he jumped again and rolled onto the ground, breaking his fall.

Once, on the ground he ran behind Shoto, helping him carry his long hair. Just then, the dam broke from all the chaos that was happening right beside it, submerging the soldiers and twins, along with destroying everything in its path.

(Name) and Shoto were luckily ahead of the others, barely outrunning the water, they saw the exit just a few meters ahead of them, until a large tower like bolder began to crumble under the pressure of the water. Speeding up even more towards the exit, as they saw the shadow of the big rock about to crush them.

Hardly making it inside, (Name) was about to follow Shoto further into the cave, before stopping, as he saw the frying pan he had previously lost at the entrance. Just as he finished grabbing the 'weapon' the rock fell over the entrance, blocking it and trapping them inside.

The wave washed over them, water flowing inside the blocked cave. (Name) and Shoto tried going deeper into the cave, but was left with a dead end, as rocks had barricaded the other side. More water flooded in, making (Name) dive under it, looking for a way out.

As (Name) searched for a way out underwater, Shoto began banging the handle of his frying pan onto the cracks of the rocks blocking their path. (Name) came out of the water out of breath, not finding an escape below. He began shouldering one side of the cave, before trying to push the rocks on the ceiling out of the way.

(Name) groaned, pulling his hands away from the sharp surface, a stinging feeling coming from his hands. He glanced at it, and held it with his other hand, observing that he got a cut across his palm, making him wince, scrunching his face from the pain. He glanced at it again before clenching his hand and diving back underwater, a determined look on his face.

'Come on, (Name)! You wanna help Shoto achieve his dream right?' (Name) thought, as he desperately began searching underwater, while Shoto began banging at the rocks again. (Name) rose out of the water again, out of breath for the second time. By now, the water was at their waist level and Takashi was situated next to Shoto, gripping onto the wall.

"It's no use! I can't see anything!" (Name) panted out, trying to even his breathing. Shoto took a deep breath before trying to look under the water, (Name) following him before bringing him above water again.

"Hey! There's no point, it's too dark down there..." (Name) explained while wiping Shoto's wet hair out of his face. "This is all my fault.. the old man was right, I never should've left." Shoto defeatedly explained, sniffling a little.

By now, the water was at their shoulder level, "I'm s-so s-sorry (Name)." Shoto continued as he began defeatedly crying. "Hey.. It's alright Sho. If it makes you feel any better, I had a ton of fun with you today. Probably the most fun I had in years!" (Name) exclaimed trying to cheer Shoto up.

"Well, I have magic hair that glows when I sing, someone should atleast one." Shoto explained with a small smile, "What?" (Name) asked, in disbelief. 'Stupid (Name)! You totally forgot his hair can glow!' (Name) thought as he facepalmed himself in his head. "I have.. magic hair that glows when I sing!" Shoto exclaimed, touching his wet hair.

Shoto took a deep breath before singing, "Flower gleam and glow.. Let your power shine!-" the water cutting him off as it flowed into the cave even more, making breathing impossible. (Name) and Shoto took their final breath before the entire cave was covered in water.

Everything was dark before Shoto's red and white locks started glowing, making (Name) let out a gasp before quickly closing his mouth as he was still surrounded by water. 'Damn, nothing compares to the real thing.' (Name) thought to himself, as he stared at Shoto's glowing hair. The movie version couldn't even compare to what (Name) was seeing.

They looked below them, following the glow of Shoto's long hair, before seeing a a pile of much smaller rocks below. They glanced at each other with a knowing look and a curt nod, before swimming towards the pile.

(Name) started pulling on the rocks, along with Shoto, and before they knew it, (Name)'s hand popped out of the other side. He pulled one last rock with his outstretched hand, before the rest followed along and the barricade was no more.