①⑦ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ

"SHOTO!" he yelled again, catching Akari's attention, he looked back at the direction the boat came from, his eyes furrowing worriedly, as he stared at the dark foggy island across from him.

~Δ~

It was now around morning, (Name) was pacing back and forth in his small prison cell, when he heard the faint sound of keys jingling and shortly after, he heard the loud sound of his cell door opening.

Quickly glancing towards the now open door, he saw the familiar figure of the head guard. "Let's get this over with (Last Name)." he sternly said, a serious expression spread across his face. "Where are we going?" (Name) asked, receiving nothing but dead silence. "Oh.." he replied, placing his hands near his neck.

~Δ~

"There, it never happened." Enji exclaimed, as he finished pulling out the last flower in Shoto's hair. He dropped it into a basket full of small flowers and picked it up, slowly exiting the room. "Now, wash up for dinner. I'm making soba." he continued, glancing back at Shoto's sorrowful form, after receiving no reaction.

He sighed, "I really did try, Shoto. I tried to warn you what was out there." he explained, still staring at Shoto's dejected form. "The world is dark, and selfish, and cruel." he continued, tightly gripping the curtains at the exit of the bedroom, "If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it." he finished, closing the curtains.

Shoto glanced up, his eyes back to their emotionless state. He slowly glanced down, and opened his closed palms. A crumpled ball of blue residing in them, he slowly uncrumpled it and spread it apart, a familiar soft blue handkerchief was placed in his palms.

A soft sad squeak reached Shoto's ears. His emotionless eyes, looked towards his lap, to reveal Takashi with a sad frown on his lips. The chameleon let out another squeak, as he nuzzled Shoto's lap, turning into a sorrowful light blue, much different from his usual energetic red.

Shoto leaned back and fell onto his bed, his hands still tightly gripping the handkerchief (Name) gave him, letting out a dejected sigh, once his back hit his soft lonely bed.

His heterochromic eyes stared up at the ceiling, glancing at his light blue walls that were covered in his paintings. His eyes furrowed, looking at the familiar designs of his paintings, before glancing back down at the handkerchief in his hands.

He glanced back up at the ceiling, his body rising into a sitting position and craning his neck, as he stared at the star covered ceiling. His eyes widening in amazement as a bright blue sun started to glow between his paintings.

Slowly, he moved his eyes to a different painting on the roof of the tower, another bright sun appearing. More and more suns appeared all over the painted sealing, their warm glow covering it entirely. 

Shoto quickly stepped out of his bed, the sun's bright glowing brighter and brighter, making him gasp, the familiar symbols bringing back a fond memory in the form of a flashback.

He was staring at the ceiling, yet again, the bright blue sun staring down at him in the form of a mobile, cute little characters hanging around it. The flashback shifted to the side, four familiar blurry figures staring down at him.

Yet one of them was more clear than the rest, his old man. He was staring down at Shoto with a wicked smile on his face, a small crown placed on top of his head. His face slowly faded back into a blur, before a flash of light appeared and he was staring back at The Royal Family's painting he observed in the town square, the familiar baby staring back at him

It then cut to the moment he put on the crown, while (Name) was still passed out. A warm and fond feeling spreading through his body, as he placed it on top of his head.

The flashback finally finished, Shoto was gasping for breathe, stepping backwards and bumping into a vanity behind him, realization hitting him like a ton of bricks, as he looked at his bedroom entrance.

"Shoto?" Enji called for him, stepping onto the steps of the stairs, worried about the sudden noise in his son's room. "Shoto, what's happening up there?" he asked, quickening his steps up the stairs.

Shoto was looking down at the ground, panting heavily, as disbelief and realization shone in his eyes. "Are you okay?" Enji asked again, watching as Shoto appeared behind the curtain covered entrance. "I'm the lost prince.." he mumbled to himself, still staring at the ground, eyes wide open.

Enji sighed in irritation, "Speak, up, Shoto. You know I hate it when you mumble." Enji scolded him, glaring intensely at his son. "I, am, the lost prince." he replied back, "Aren't I?" he continued, glaring harshly at his father. Enji stared back at him, eyes opened wide and mouth slightly opened from shock at the other's words.

"Did I mumble, father? Or do you even deserve to be called that." Shoto continued, eyebrows furrowed, as his glare worsened. "Shoto, do you even hear yourself? Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?" Enji questioned, feigning obliviousness as he walked up the stairs, reaching out for Shoto with open arms.

"It was you! It was all you!" Shoto yelled harshly pushing away his father. "Everything I did, was to protect you." he explained, a cold expression on his face, making Shoto even more frustrated. 

He gave his father a hard shove to the shoulder, walking down past him and down the stairs, heavy pants leaving his mouth. "Shoto." Enji warned, slowly following the other as he walked down the stairs.

"I spent my entire life, hiding from people who would use me for my powers!" he yelled again, fastening his pace down the stairs. "Shoto!" Enji warned again, his voice raising slightly. "When I should've been hiding.. from you!" he continued, turning back to face his father, completely ignoring the warnings, glare hardening as he stared at his father at the top of the stairs.

"Where would you go? He won't be there for you." Enji stated, his cold, uncaring face staring down at his son. "What did you do to him?" Shoto asked, gritting his teeth, as his piercing heterochromic eyes stared back. 

"That criminal, is to be hanged for his crimes." he simply stated, as he descended the stairs. "No.." Shoto whispered to himself in disbelief, "Now, listen to me. All of this is at it should be." he explained, walking behind Shoto a slowly lowering his hand to pat his son's head.

"No!" he yelled, tightly gripping his father's hand as he stared up at him. "You were wrong about the world." he stated, tightening his grip, making Enji let out a small wince of pain. "And you were wrong about me! And I will never, let you use my hair again!" he finished.

Enji pulled his arm put of Shoto's grip, the force of the pull pushing him back and bumping into a glass table. It fell to the ground with a loud crash, shards of glass falling everywhere. Enji panted softly, looking back at Shoto's cold eyes in shock. He turned around, a determined look on his face as he walked away from his father.  "You want me to be the bad guy? Fine, now I'm the bad guy.." he whispered to himself, slowly approaching Shoto with an enraged frown on his face.