chapter 6

It’s D-Day I haven't seen anyone from the 답답해 elite team since mine and hans birthday. I haven't shown up to any of the meetings or raleys or even simply the hangout sessions. Chan has texted me everyday. I know he thinks it’s because of him. I just want this to be over.

[Daddy] It’s D-day are you coming

[Babyboy] I’ll be there I promise.
[Babyboy] Y’all can get into position without me

[Daddy] Ok i'll see you later then.
“Felix it’s time.” Father had said. I was in a black tank top with my mask on.

“Yes, father.” I said walking down to the front of the building where hundreds of people were seated. Father had walked out to the front while I was still standing behind a door.

“Today markes the day of the Nabi.” my father had announced making people boom with noise. “Today I bring you the next leader who will lead you into victory and into a better light..” The door opened and I stepped out moving closer to the crowd.

My eyes were darting around looking from Chan and the other 답답해 I knew where they would be I told them where to stand. Where to sit. I told them where I’d be.
“Now I introduce to you Lee Felix. My son the next leader of the Nabi.”

That was my cew. I unlocked my mask and let it fall to the ground then taking off my shirt to expose my brand new tattoo. I was no longer the boy behind the purple door; I was now Lee Felix the most feared man in the region and maybe even further. Chan was placed in the crowd along with Seungmin and I.N., Hyunjin on top of one of the towers at the entrance Minho at the other. Jisung both played the role of security at the front entrance after they took out the other security.

Chan looked at me with a face of disappointment and shock along with all the others.

Father fell to the ground. No shot was heard but I knew he was shot. I didn’t move. This was expected; it happens every generation. This time though it was in the hands of my brother. This marked the day that I was truly the leader. I waited for it to be me. The bullet to go straight threw me just like they said it would. It never did. I was never shot.

I was handed a microphone. “Hello, everyone. I am Lee Felix. The next generation of Nabi. I will lead us forward. I know some might be disappointed to not see my older brother in my spot but he left years ago not wanting to take this spot. So I’ve taken it upon myself. Thank you for your time and everyone may proside into the building.” I announced before walking into the building.

I went directly into the room that I had come from. Know what was about to come towards me. I stood in the room breathing heavily. The door opened behind me. I looked into the mirror that was placed in front of me. The whole elite team was standing behind me. One of them gently closed the door.

“Before you do it. I have some things to say.” I stated. “ First, I would like to thank you all for being the only friends I’ve ever had. Even if it was only for a short amount of time. Second, you would think you would have noticed me earlier “Lee Know”. Third, Chan not once was I messing with your emotions. I really do like you.”

“Ok, wait. Rewind what was that about “Lee Know”. Why would you have noticed you?” Changbin asked with a scoff.

“It’s not my place to tell. Minho if you want to you can tell them though. I mean it’s not my place to tell them your dirty little secret.” If I was going to die might as well make it end like this.

“Go on, Lee Know tell us what he means.” Hyunjin said kind of angerly.

“Felix I should have shot you when I had the chance.” He said glaring at me and then proceeding to move in front of the group. “My blood given name is Lee Minho, I’m the eldest son of Sam Jaebeom. I’m also the older brother to Lee Felix.” Let’s just say everyone was shook. I mean I would be shook to we dont look anything alike. It’s kind of crazy.

“Oh, may I add in that there is no point in killing him. He left me to join you. So don’t murder him like you about to me.” I had moved to sit on the floor waiting for my fate. Slowly letting some type of plan form in my head.

“How did you not recognize Felix from the beginning. We could have avoided this.” Hyunjin said, flaring his hands around.

“I left when he was like 11 he didn’t look anything like this when he was that young.” Minho said walking back to stand with the group.

“Know that I've seen everything I’ve wanted to see. Should we get back to what we were doing.”  I said looking back up. “Let me propose an offer first.” I had come up with a plan that could really only go two ways: decline and kill me or then accept and spare my life.
“Continue.” Chan said.

“7 on 1. Each time I get someone else at gunpoint they are out. I wont kill anyone. If someone manages to get me at gunpoint they can pull the trigger. If you win you will have the title of the number 1 clan in Korea; but if I win you all have to disband your whole group and join me becoming the inside circle of the Nabi.”
“Deal.” Chan said.

“Wait, you're really  doing this.” Jisung said, staring at Chan.

“If it makes you feel better I’ll use an unloaded gun.” I don’t like killing. It honestly makes me uncomfortable to know that their blood is on my hands.

“Jisung it’s 7 on 1 theres almost no way that he’ll be able to win.” Chan said “For us it’s more of a competition of who gets the pleasure of pulling the trigger.” Everyone slowly started to agree.

“Here’s how it’ll work. Everyone will come at me at once or in any order you want. Everytime I get this gun to someone’s head. The round will restart and everyone will come at me again once that person is safely moved aside.”

Everyone nods. “We’ll use an unloaded gun up till it’s time to pull the trigger.” Chan said.