The "Real" Loona

"Who would've thought that a normal grocery store would stock actual bullets?" you ask, pushing your cart of groceries out the store's front door with Loona in tow.

She looks up from her cell phone and says "Most of them do. This is Hell, after all."

"Makes sense. Compared to where I came from, Hell is... much less of a friendly place to live."

As the two of you approach your car, she puts her cell phone in her pocket and faces you directly.

"How long have you been down here, anyway?" she curiously asks.

"I just recently moved here to Imp City, a couple weeks ago. Just got myself an apartment over on Satan Avenue, and-"

"Not the city, you dumbass! I mean... here." she clarifies, gesturing to your general surroundings.

"In Hell? Not that much longer, really. I only died a few months ago." you reply. "It did take me a while to really figure out my 'purpose' in this afterlife, though."

You and Loona start filling up the trunk and backseat of the car with your groceries.

"I did a lot of odd jobs here and there, before applying to work at I.M.P., and none of which had anything to do with killing people. But, Blitzo accepted my application, and I moved to the city."

"But enough about me, what about you?" you say, loading up the last bag of groceries into the backseat. "How long has 'Lil' Loonie' been down here?"

She giggles at the funny nickname you gave her, and this might actually be one of the first times you've seen the girl genuinely smile at you.

"Okay, first of all, never call me that again." she laughs.

"And second, I'm a hellhound, so... I never really needed to die to get here."

"Humph. Lucky." you jokingly whine.

The two of you hop back in the car, with you driving and Loona riding shotgun.

As you start to drive off, she turns on the car's radio, and moves the dial around to find the right radio station. "94.7, perfect." she says to herself.

Surprisingly, you hear a Michael Jackson song playing over the car's speakers. Definitely not what you were expecting from the super serious "goth girl".

"Smooth Criminal, huh?" you ask.

"Yeah. You got a problem with that?" she asks you back.

"Not at all, it's just that... I dunno. I pictured you to be more of a metalhead or something."

"I listen to that, too." she replies. "As a kid, I listened to rock and metal pretty much all the time. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something different."

She leans in close to your ear. "And uh... don't tell anyone I told you this, but I love listening to pop music like this."

You chuckle. "There's nothing wrong with that! Why does it need to be such a big secret?"

"I just... have a bit of a reputation at work, and I'd like to keep it that way. Only Dad knows that I listen to stuff like that."

"Is it so Moxxie doesn't see you as the cute and innocent little hellhound you really are?" you joke.

"NO! It's not just that, you fucking-" she begins, before her eyes suddenly go wide. "Wait, you think I'm cute?"

"Um... maybe...?" you say with an uneasy smile.

You expect her to literally murder you for saying something like that, but to your utter shock and disbelief, she does something else entirely.

She smiles back at you.