Meeting the Client

The nightclub is bustling with activity. The dance floor is absolutely packed with people, all dancing to the thumping bass of the song playing over the DJ's enormous subwoofers.

The walls are painted by sudden flashes of bright blue and pink light, being given off by huge metal stage lights that flash in time with the music.

Nearly everyone there is bouncing around to the music, often with drinks in their hands, all having a great time.

If this place wasn't owned by an abusive asshole like Valentino, you'd definitely come by here more often.

"Let's just... stay focused on the mission. Finding this 'Vinnie' guy." Blitzo says.

Like Shane said earlier, there are tons of guards posted throughout the building. You can see at least a dozen of them standing around on the second floor, all dressed in similar-appearing black suits and hats.

They're all staring down at the dance floor, likely making sure that there aren't any troublemakers around.

Like yourselves, obviously.

"So... where should we start?" you ask.

"Probably by asking one of them, I would think!" Blitzo suggests, pointing a finger up at the second floor.

"Uh, Dad. Don't you think we should stay away from the guys that might try to kill us? Not go towards them?" Loona asks him.

"Well, they'd probably be the only ones able to tell us where he is. Unless you have any better ideas, Loonie?"

Loona grumbles, but says nothing else.

"Alrighty then!" he exclaims, before walking past the dance floor toward a set of stairs.

"Sir... there has to be a safer way to do this." Moxxie says, reluctantly following after him. "Didn't Shane say he was able to sneak past everyone when he was here? We should try that!"

"I'm sure they've increased security even more since then." Blitzo replies. "They're probably all watching us, right now!"

He's right. You can see a group of three guards up on the second floor, gazing down at your party of friends. All three of them are holding weapons in their hands.

"Those guys don't look too friendly..." you mumble.

"Oh, relax!" Blitzo says. "This'll be as easy as PIE-"

Blitzo accidentally walks into a guard standing near the staircase, who immediately glares down at him with glowing red eyes.

"S-s-sorry, sir! Um... is the Boss in, today?" he stutters quietly.

The demon silently turns away from him, before slowly making his way up the stairs.

"S-see guys! Everything's gonna be okay!"

"After you basically just stumbled into a creepy Mafia demon guy, who probably murders people for fun? I'm not so sure." you reply.

Blitzo rolls his eyes. "Come on, (Y/N), you gotta stay positive in this line of work!"

"I mean, I'm positive that this is a really dangerous situation, we've got ourselves in." you say.

"If you're feeling nervous, you can hold Loona's hand again or something." he suggests.

Loona groans, saying. "Dad! He wasn't doing that because he was scared! He was doing it because he likes me! And I like him!"

"That's great! I'm glad you guys are such good friends."