Epilogue

"Welcome to the 9 o'clock news, I'm Tom Trench. Our top story tonight: the notorious demon overlord 'Valentino' has been found dead in an apparent shootout at one of his nightclubs."

Shit, they already found out about it.

"While it is not known at this time who committed the act, all evidence points to Sir Pentious; a rival of his who has been steadily attempting to gain new territory throughout Hell. So, ultimately, this move would not be unexpected of him. And now, for the weather..."

Oh. Apparently that fake evidence Blitzo planted actually worked.

"Wow, I'm surprised you guys were able to sweep this whole thing under the rug!" Moxxie says, sitting on a couch and watching the TV.

"Me too." you reply, sitting next to him. "Good thing that building Loona and I were sniping from was closed, so no one was inside. Too bad the friggin' elevator was broke!"

"Oh, I heard about that!" he says. "You guys had to climb like 50 flights of stairs or something, right?"

Loona was always one to embellish the truth a bit, when telling stories. It was only 10, but it sure as Hell felt like 50 flights of stairs.

"Yeah sure, let's go with that!" you say.

"Babe, you ready to go?" you hear Loona ask from outside the room.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec!" you call back to her.

"Glad your arm's feeling better, Mox." you say, exiting the room . "Take it easy."

"You too, (Y/N)." he replies, turning his attention back to the television.

You step out of the break room and see Loona, laying on a black leather couch in the main lobby.

The very same black leather couch where you had your nightmare, just this morning.

Thank God all that's finally over.

"Yep, the check just cleared." Blitzo says over the phone. "It's been a pleasure doing business with you, Shane! Say 'hi' to Nellie for me!"

He hangs up the phone, and turns his attention to the two of you. "We just got our payment!"

"How much?" you ask him.

"Let me put it this way: anytime Shane needs help with literally anything whatsoever, we'll need to help him out."

"That much, huh?" Loona chuckles.

"Loonie, I'd clean his fucking dirty laundry if he'd keep paying us this much."

"Y'all can go ahead and do that. I think Moxxie and I would sit out a mission like that!" Millie says, walking into the break room to be with her husband.

"I gotta agree with Millie, on this one." you say. "What about you, Loona?"

"Doing someone's actual dirty laundry? God, no!" she exclaims.

"Looks like you're on your own with this one, Blitzo." you joke.

Blitzo puts a hand to his forehead and sighs. "It was a figure of speech, guys..."

"I know, I know." you laugh, before turning your attention to Loona. "You ready to get going, hon?"

The hellhound stands up from the couch, before gently taking you by the hand. "Yep. I'm gonna crash at (Y/N)'s house tonight, if that's okay, Dad."

"That's fine with me." he replies, before giving a mischievous smile. "I'll see you two lovebirds tomorrow morning..."

Loona's cheeks become flustered, and her eyes quickly dart off in another direction.

"Heh heh. We'll see you at 10, Blitzo." you say, leading the embarrassed hellhound out the door.

——————————————————

As you start up your car, Loona sits down in the passenger's seat to be next to you.

"So (Y/N), how'd you like your first mission at I.M.P.?" she asks with a cute smile.

"It was a bit of a clusterfuck at first, not gonna lie." you say with a laugh. "This morning, I never would've guessed I'd be part of an actual fucking gang war."

"But... I'm happy with how things turned out in the end. I think we did the right thing."

"I think so, too." she says. "I would've gladly killed Valentino for free, so the massive paycheck was an awesome bonus!"

"Well, that's one way to look at it." you chuckle, pulling your car out of the parking lot.

"The best part of today was definitely being with you, Loonie..." you say, making her blush. "I really wish we could've finished our date, though. Sucks that it had to be cut short..."

"Well, when we get back to our place, I can think of a few things we could do to... make up for it..." she flirts.

"Oh, can you now?" you ask her. "And what do you mean by 'our place'?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she asks you back.

"You're not saying you wanna... move in with me, are you?"

"Not immediately, but, yeah!" she says with a smile.

"Well... looks like I'm gonna have to buy us a new King-of-Hell-sized bed, then." you say, lovingly wrapping an arm around her.

"Yay!" she celebrates, giving you a quick peck on the cheek.

So this is the 'real Loona'. A happy, chipper, and genuinely adorable girl. A side of her that she only lets you see, and no one else.

"What was that radio station you liked?" you ask, moving the dial around on your car's radio.

"94.7." she replies.

"Oh right, that pop music station. For my 'super serious goth girlfriend'."

She giggles, saying "Yeah, I know. Let's just... keep that a secret between us, for right now."

You find the station, and "Raspberry Beret" by Prince starts playing through your car speakers.

"Don't worry hon, your secret's safe with me." you assure her. "And wow, they play some older stuff on here! I'll have to check out this station more often."

"They play all kinds of stuff on here, that's why I like it so much!" she replies.

Getting lost in the music, you smile and put your arm back around her once again, with your other hand on the steering wheel.

"I think this is gonna be the start of a great new career, and a great new relationship..." you say.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." she replies. "Now let's go home."