The Ambush

"So," Blitzo says. "We met the client..."

"Was it Vinnie?" Shane asks.

"Yep." you reply. "And I had to give him your pistol, sorry..."

"Wait, you had it this whole time?" he asks. "Why the fuck would you do that?"

"Vinnie needed proof that I 'killed' you, so... I had to use that. He had a gun to my face, so it was all I could think of."

"Shit!" Shane exclaims in surprise. "I'm glad you guys made it out of there, then! Did you learn anything from him about Val?"

"Well," Loona says. "After a really creepy attempt at hitting on me, yeah. He's staying at a hotel in Pentagram City."

Shane looks shocked. "Really? The Happy Hotel? I thought they were trying to redeem people over there!"

She shrugs. "Apparently they're doing a really shitty job at it, then."

"Well regardless, at least we know where he is now. Let's go get him!"

"Not so fast, buddy!" Blitzo says, walking over to Shane. "We don't normally bring our clients with us on missions, so you don't need to come with. We could take care of this ourselves, don't worry!"

Shane almost looks angered by his words. "No. I'm coming with you."

"But you might get killed!" Moxxie says. "I think it'd be a good idea if you just stayed here and-"

"No!" he exclaims. "I've been fighting against Valentino for so long now. I've saved dozens of his abused 'escorts', and it's going to get way worse if he doesn't get taken out! I need to see him die. With my own eyes."

"Alrighty then!" Blitzo says with a smile. "I'm sure Moxxie's got a couple extra guns you could borrow. Just don't say we didn't warn you!"

This might be for the best. Bringing another guy along to take down a powerful mob boss like Valentino definitely sounds like a good idea.

Especially since he probably knows the most about the infamous, abusive demon overlord.

This is the first time that you've really grasped the severity of the situation.

You're about to kill a demon overlord.

A guy with money, power, and ties with tons of people in this part of Hell.

He definitely deserves what's coming to him, but still. This is going to be no easy task.

"Is something wrong, babe?" you hear Loona ask from behind you.

You just noticed that literally everyone else in the room is gone, probably down in the armory giving Shane his weapons.

You turn around to face her, and the hellhound waves a hand in front of you. "You okay? Seemed like you were kinda zoning out there!"

"I've just been thinking..." you say quietly.

"Well, that's a first!" she jokes.

"Ha ha. Very funny." you sarcastically mutter, making her giggle.

"I thought it was! But seriously, what's wrong?" she asks, lovingly wrapping her arms over and around your shoulders. "I don't like seeing you all mopey, like this."

"I've just... got a lot on my mind, is all. I'll be fine, though, don't worry!" you assure her with a smile, giving Loona a quick peck on the lips.

While she gives you a small smile back, you can tell right away that she isn't convinced by your words.

"Are you sure?" she asks, curiously tilting her head to the side.