Revelations

The two of you jump through the same window he escaped from, and you can see Shane running through a small alleyway nearby.

"He's getting away!" you shout.

Loona scoops something up off the ground and hands it to you as she runs.

It's Shane's handgun, which is a lot lighter in weight than you were expecting. You pull out the weapon's magazine and look at it in surprise.

"It's empty!" you say in shock.

"Guess he thought he'd be able to scare you away, once you saw he had a gun!" Loona replies.

The hellhound charges ahead, swiftly running past you and screaming "This shit ends now!"

"Loona, don't kill him!" you shout as the distance between her and Shane quickly diminishes.

The hellhound tackles him to the ground, and with a quick punch to the man's temple, Shane is knocked out.

You catch up to her as she stands back up, gazing down at Shane's body lying in the middle of the alley.

"I don't know why you wanted me to do that, but he's still alive." she says.

Trying to catch your breath from all the running, you reply "Because... we need more info from him."

"You were here this whole time, and he still didn't tell you everything?"

"He said a lot. In fact, I think I might know who our client is." you say. "Does the name 'Valentino' sound familiar to you?"

The hellhound's crimson eyes suddenly widen and her jaw drops slightly, as if she was just revealed a terrible truth.

"No way..." she mutters, backing a few steps away from you. "That's who we're supposed to be working for!?"

"Apparently." you reply. "Shane also said that he helps some of Valentino's abused employees escape from Hell, and live new lives here on Earth."

"How? We have the only way up here..." she says, pulling out Stolas' teleportation book from her back pocket.

"Shane has his own copy, which he apparently uses to bring people up here. He said that he wrote the book himself."

She confusedly looks down at the unconscious man for a second, before looking back at you. "You're right, we're gonna need more answers from him."

You and Loona pick up the unconscious Shane from the ground, before she flips open the teleportation book.

"Let's take him back to base. When he wakes up, hopefully he'll be willing to tell us more." she says, as an orange portal opens up in front of you.

She picks the book back up, and you both haul Shane through the portal.

——————————————————

"Glad you guys made it out okay!" Blitzo says, before immediately noticing the seemingly dead body you and Loona are carrying inside. "Wait, who the fuck is that?"

"Shane Harrison, our target." you reply. "But don't worry, he's alive."

"Why'd you bring him here?"

"He knows more about the client. Plus, he recognized Loona, so he knew right away we were looking for him."

"Shit..." he mutters, before pressing a button on a nearby phone. "Moxxie, come here."

The imp walks inside Blitzo's office. "What did you need, sir- OH GOD, YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO KILL HIM!"

"He's still alive." Blitzo says.