Chapter 7:

WHEN I MANAGED to get control of myself a couple moments later, Doctor Reynolds handed me a tissue and asked, "Are you alright Tiffany?"

"Yes!" I paused, "It's just that I've been so stressed about what you all would decide I guess I just started crying..."

Doctor Freedman nodded and said, "That makes sense Tiffany, and it's alright. Now if we've got all of this settled, we should probably let Doctor Reynolds help you get everything setup with your endocrinologist. Doctor Reynolds, we'll just wait outside for you until you're finished."

"Thanks Doctor," she told him.

Before I let either of them leave the door though I gave them both great big hugs. They were helping my dreams to come true; I couldn't let them leave without thanking them. "Good luck Tiffany," Doctor Clark told me as he left.

"Okay, let's see if I can't get Doctor Wilmer on the phone real quick Mrs. Jacobson."

She dialed him up and got him on the phone. Apparently, he was working late so she was able to catch him, "So you can meet with us at nine on Tuesday?" Doctor Reynolds looked at Mom and she nodded, "We'll see you then."

"So, we're going to meet him at nine at his office on Tuesday. I'll speak with him before then some more and let him know what we're planning on doing – that way he'll be prepared to start the treatment that morning. There's no reason to make you have to come back yet again if we can help it."

Doctor Reynolds went over more details for a bit before we finally were able to leave. As we went through the lobby, we waved at Doctor Clark and Freedman again before heading downstairs. We both made a pit stop in the ladies' room before heading out to her car. I sat down with a big grin on my face, it was finally happening. I hugged mom again across the console. I was so excited!

The drive home was silent though. I was lost in my thoughts of being able to finally become who I believe I was. Or at least I was moving along on another step of the journey. Even with their willingness to move things along earlier with hormones, I doubted they would ever let me get my genitals fixed until I was eighteen. 'One step at a time Tiffany,' I told myself.

As soon as we got home, I had expected to see Dad, but he was still gone at work. Mom paged him and found out he wasn't going to be home for several hours still, but I was able to quickly tell him about what they decided, "That's great Tiffany," he said, "I'm glad they decided this – it should make it easier on you in the long run."

We were only able to talk for about a minute though before he needed to get back to work on his project. "Well Tiffany I had thought we should go for a celebration dinner... but why don't we hold off till tomorrow night when your Dad can go?"

"Can we actually wait until Friday? We have the football game tomorrow night and I'll be really tired after it. And then maybe invite Amy and her parents?" I asked.

"That sounds like a great idea Tiffany. Why don't you call Amy and see if her parents are free?"

"I needed to call her anyway... if I don't, she'll hit me tomorrow," I told her with a smile.

"Go call her then."

I dialed Amy's phone number, "Hi, is Amy there?" I asked.

Melanie had answered. "Is this Tiffany?"

"Yes, how are you doing?"

"Good Tiffany, let me go get her. I'd like to ask you how it went today, but I'll wait until she gets on the line. She's been pacing around waiting for you to call since she got home from practice."

That brought a bit more of a smile to my face, 'what would I do without Amy?'

"Tiff?!?" I heard a few moments later. "How did it go?" Amy asked.