Chapter 29:

This chapter contains violence that may trigger some readers. Discretion is advised.

WEDNESDAY WENT SMOOTHLY and I received a lot of compliments throughout the day from different friends who had been in the concert, or had just gone to support the rest of us. As I walked into Ms. Damien's class for English she said, "Nice job last night Tiffany! You have a really pretty voice and a lot of talent on saxophone too!" I gave her a quick hug as a thank you for the compliments while blushing profusely.

"Thanks Ms. Damien," I told her.

"You're welcome Tiffany," she told me and directed me to go towards my seat.

The last fifteen minutes of class she let us spend some time talking to our friends. Somehow during the conversation Amy asked me, "Tiffany are you umm... going to be here during science tomorrow?"

It took a second for me to think about it, we had a project we'd been working on due tomorrow in science... Oh no! I had an appointment with Doctor Reynolds scheduled tomorrow. 'I could ask Mom to reschedule,' I started to tell myself. 'She'll never do that right now with everything going on...' I sighed internally at that. "Umm... no? I'm going to be getting picked up at the beginning of second hour again..." I told her grudgingly.

"Maybe he'll let us present on Friday?" She asked me hopefully.

I shrugged, "Maybe he will."

"I'm sure he will actually. He likes us both!" she said with a smile. It was true, we both got along with him great and were maintaining good grades...

"So, do you want to come over to my house tonight?" Amy asked.

"I think my parents pretty much expected it," I told her honestly. "I'm also supposed to stay over Friday night since my parents are going to my dad's company party."

"That'll be nice," she told me. "Maybe we should think about doing something different like go to a movie or something?" She suggested.

"Let's wait till then?" I looked at her before adding, "Especially if it's going to be as cold as it was this morning."

The conversation was cut short by the bell. Mrs. Remar gave us the day off because we had done such a good job the night before. The period seemed to drag on for quite a while since we weren't doing anything. I was looking forward to getting dance practice out of the way so I could go to Amy's house. Kyle faithfully walked me to Coach Holt's classroom again and I began to really think I was going to have to do something with him. 'My parents'll freak out with the idea of me getting a steady boyfriend too early though...'

That night I mentioned it to Amy, "I think my parents will have a fit about it. Yours probably will too now that I think of it..." I added.

"Yeah, I think they all will. But, at least they all like Kyle, so maybe you'll be okay. What about just scheduling a group date?" she suggested.

"Huh?"

"Get together a bunch of us, maybe we get David, Ashley, Nikki, Kristina... maybe a couple others and we all get our parents to drop us off at a mall in town. Go see a movie or something while we're at it?" She looked at me, "Then you can at least spend some time with him if that's what you want."

"The problem is I don't know what I want Amy," I told her. "I'm still not sure that I'm ready for dating..."

"So, wait then Tiff, he'll wait for you – I'm sure of that."

"But that's not fair to him..."

She interrupted, "Hello Tiffany! You're a girl! You can afford to wait and do whatever you want when you feel like it." She smiled as she said that, "We hold all the cards."