Chapter 10:

"WAKE UP PRINCESS," Mom said to me as she prodded me that morning.

"Ugh... I hate mornings, let me go back to sleep." I told her sleepily

"Fine then we won't go shopping." She told me

"Shopping?" I said aloud, while thinking 'Oh that's right, we're supposed to go shopping.'

"But if you don't want to go..."

I just jumped up and ran into the bathroom to take a shower. As I was washing my hair, I realized that I had forgotten to grab clothes... oops! But as soon as I opened the shower curtain, I could see my Mom had foreseen my forgetfulness... She'd put a pair of jeans, a sweater, and underwear in the bathroom already. I smiled at that. She'd saved us both a lot of time that way, although I might have chosen a different sweater.

I noticed she didn't put out one of my training bras out though. I guess it wouldn't matter today. I'd been looking at my chest every day from when I had started taking the hormones, right up until last week when I'd forced myself to stop doing it out of frustration. There just hadn't been any growth as far as I could tell. It wasn't worth going back to my room to find one.

I spent some time making my hair look pretty, put some earrings in, put on the necklace that Amy's parents had given me (and her), added some lip gloss, and then headed out the door of the bathroom. By the time I got my shoes on it was already time to go...

"Are you ready yet?" she asked me.

"Almost, I just need to grab my purse..." I told her as I ran back to my room and grabbed it. "Okay, let's go," I said as I put on a coat and barreled out the door ahead of her.

She just shook her head at me, unlocked my door, and then went around the side to her door and we headed off to town. Mom knew me well enough that I should have something to eat before we started, so we grabbed a quick breakfast at McDonalds on our way to town.

"Where to first?" I asked.

"Well, I think Penney's might have some backpacks still that we could look at," she suggested.

"Okay."

With that the two of us drove on to the mall and began going through JC Penney's. We found another purple backpack that was similar to the one I'd had. It wasn't completely the same; it had some pink trimming to it, but it would work. "Are you happy with this one?" Mom had asked me as we went to the check out.

"I guess –it's not like there was a lot of choices there, or anywhere else for that matter." I told her. I thought maybe she would say more about it but she just nodded and we got the bag.

"Where to next?" She asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Let's just wander," I suggested.

She smiled at me and nodded. We did quickly run the backpack back to the car, since I didn't want to haul it through the mall, before starting our walk through the mall. We stopped at a number of stores on our way down the first floor. There were a lot of stores that had some really cute outfits for juniors. I found a lot of really cute outfits to wear, but like normal I just was too short and flat chested for any of it to look good on me. I really was still better off with the girls' sizes.

"This isn't fair," I told Mom as we walked into Dillard's.

"Sweetie, it's not going to last forever. The hormones are starting their work, just like they are with your friends. It'll happen before you know it," She told me as she had her arm around my shoulders and hugged me.

"I want it now," I told her.

"I know sweetie, but until then can I at least enjoy having my little girl be little?" She asked me.