𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Detention on Friday night wasn't too bad. All Angelica had to do was help Madam Pomfrey down at the Infirmary. Despite the matron's sharp temper, she wasn't cruel. She had Angelica restock the medication cabinet and let her go within an hour.

Angelica awoke on Saturday happier than she had in a long time. The brightness in her room told her that it was around 10 am, and she perched herself up slightly, smiling when she found the dorm empty.

Most days, it was a rush to use the bathroom. Since four girls had to use it before 8 am, it was a hurry in and out, and most of the time, the hot water was completely used up by the last person. Usually, Angelica, since she fancied sleeping till as late as she could.

She spent an hour beneath steaming hot water just for the kicks of it. She probably wouldn't be able to have a shower like that until Christmas break. She wasted the late morning lying around the nearly empty common room, reading a book about hexes which the school syllabus never countered for.

A chime on the clock over the fireplace had her looking up and seeing that it was 1 pm. Her mind spiralled its way to a certain grey-eyed boy, but she shook her head, refusing to allow thoughts of him in.

Her eyes wandered to the curtained exit of the room. It wouldn't hurt her to take a walk down to the grounds. It wasn't as though she'd be looking for him. She merely wanted a breath of fresh air.

So, against her better judgement, she made her way out of the common room and took a slow walk down to the grounds. The school was practically empty, save for the few first and second years scattered around. The Sun shone brightly despite it being Autumn.

Angelica caught sight of a shaded patch beneath what she guessed was a Banyan Tree. Since she couldn't resist the opportunity, she found herself laying over the grass with her eyes closed. She breathed in deeply, her sense flooding with the smell of freshly cut grass and dew.

Something about laying on the grass had the rest of the world forgotten. She was just a girl losing herself in whatever she wanted for a few moments. She liked that better than what she usually was.

She liked herself better when all she had was her thoughts.

Her reflections were disrupted by the smell of nature battling with a scent of smoke and sugar.

Without thinking, she scrunched up her nose, but then immediately regretted it, wishing she had opted to pretend to be dead.

Do not open, she warned herself, knowing all too well who was there.

The disturbance spoke. "I know you're awake. I saw you scrunch up."

She felt a body touch the side of hers and used all her self-control not to shake him away. If she ignored him long enough, he'd get bored and leave. After all, he had the patience of a 3-year-old.