𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 (𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭)

˚✩ ⋆。˚  ✩

 ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"Did you know that it's called The Forbidden Forest because it's forbidden to enter?" asked Angelica, wondering why her instincts hadn't kicked in yet and why she was allowing Sirius Black to take her anywhere.

"Did you know—" he responded, mimicking her tone, "—that when people make things forbidden to me, I just want it more?"

"Oh, I know," she said.

"Mind your step." He led her over a mass of tangled roots and nests, unbothered entirely by the rumbles and growls echoing in the distance.

"Is this where you fulfil my parents' lifelong quest of murdering me?" she asked, looking over her shoulder at the showers and gulping as shivers of fear trickled down her spine.

"That would satisfy them. I am doing my best to displease both our parents to the best of my ability," pointed out Sirius.

"Mmh." She held his hand and jumped over a tree stump. "Not just our parents."

When his eyes met hers, she gave him a smile that could not possibly have been faker.

He sighed and motioned to the side with his head. "We're here."

She turned to see a bench made from tree vines- clearly crafted by magic- over a pond, laden with water lilies. A glance up told her that while she might have found the best place of solace, he had found the best view of the stars at Hogwarts.

Stars specked the night sky and while there were patches of blue, it was simply enchanting. It had her wondering whether they too were an enchantment like in The Great Hall.

During her study of the surroundings, Sirius had removed his robes, shoes, and socks, and had taken a seat on the bench, his feet hanging in the water. "You coming?"

She glanced over at him. The starlit sky hit his face and had him looking such that if she said no, she'd be disregarding a bounty of the universe. So, she bent down and undid the laces of her boots and removed them along with her socks.

Just as she was about to walk to him, he shook his head, "No. Get rid of those too."

He didn't even need to look at what he was talking about for her to know he was referring to her gloves. She looked down at the leathered black gloves enclosing her hands and then back at Sirius.

She peeled them off and tossed them over her shoes, and then she joined him at the bench and sat beside him, letting her feet hit the cold water.

"Do you come here often?" she asked, looking at him as he smiled up at the sky.

"Yeah," he answered. "It's my favourite place at Hogwarts."

"Bet all the girls love it," she remarked, leaning against the back.