𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟕: 𝐀𝐬 𝐈𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐞

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

The morning light streamed through the curtains of Sirius's bedroom, casting a soft glow over the room. 

He lay sprawled on his bed, eyes fixed on Angelica as she moved around the room with graceful efficiency, gathering her belongings and preparing to leave. There was a certain magnetism about her, an aura that he found irresistible.

As she caught his gaze in the mirror, he felt a rush of warmth flood his chest. "What?" she asked, her voice playful yet tinged with curiosity.

"What?" he replied, feigning innocence, but unable to mask the admiration in his eyes.

"You're staring at me," she pointed out, turning to face him fully.

He rose from the bed, crossing the room. Kneeling down beside her, he met her gaze. "What are we?" he asked, the words hanging in the air between them.

"We're... purebloods?" she quipped.

Sirius couldn't help but scoff at her deflection. "I didn't mean it like that, and you know it," he replied, his tone softening with affection.

"What do you want to be?" she countered, her expression serious yet playful.

"With you," he answered without hesitation.

"Hmm, I'll think about it," she teased, a smile playing on her lips.

"What's to think about?" he pressed, his heart racing with anticipation.

"I'm wondering if I should dye my hair blonde so I can make sure the next time the Gryffinwhore starts acting up, he'll act up with me," she said with a playful twinkle in her eye.

He was momentarily speechless, caught off guard by her. 

Before he could respond, she lightly tapped his cheek, her touch sending a shiver down his spine. "I'll see you at breakfast," she added, her voice soft yet filled with promise.

With that, she disappeared from his apartment once again.

~

Lily's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts,

First, there was her gorgeous fiancé, James Potter, who was currently devouring his mother's freshly baked, mouth-watering croissants with the gusto of a starving Quidditch player. Then, there was the less appetizing memory of her rejected application from St. Mungo's, the polite but firm letter citing her 'unfavorable blood status' still stinging like a fresh wound. And of course, the nagging question: where in Merlin's beard were Sirius Black and Angelica Lestrange?

She sighed, her eyes darting between the flickering flames in the fireplace and James, who was on his third croissant and showing no signs of slowing down.

"Still blocked?" she asked, her voice tinged with exasperation.

He glanced up from his pastry massacre, crumbs dotting his lips. He looked at the fireplace and nodded, "Still blocked."

Lily reached for a croissant, her mind racing through a myriad of wild scenarios that could explain why the Floo Network to Sirius's apartment was inaccessible. The possibilities ranged from the mundane, like a malfunction, to the absurdly dramatic—murder, illicit affairs, unexpected intruders, or perhaps a hoard of unregistered magical creatures staging a coup.

James, with a one-track mind, was firmly convinced the reason was shagging.

"Jamesie?" Her voice took on a teasing lilt.

"Hmm?" He mumbled through a mouthful of buttery goodness.

"Are we ever going to do that?"

He paused, croissant halfway to his mouth. "Do what?"