𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟐: 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐂𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

In the soft glow of Angelica's apartment, Remus and Angelica sat together on the bed in her room. They were bent over a stack of papers which held rules and information about The Order of the Phoenix.

Remus ran a hand through his hair, his brow furrowed in concentration as he scanned the page before him. "It's a lot to take in," he remarked, his voice soft with a hint of exhaustion.

Angelica nodded in agreement. "Mmh." She turned to him and asked, "Do you want to take a break? Lily baked cupcakes earlier on. We can go try them." 

He glanced at the watch on his hand and murmured, "Ten more minutes and we can go. I also ought to get home before it gets too late, or my mother will worry again." 

She barely lifted her eyes from the papers as she replied, "You could stay the night if you want." 

Remus paused. "If I want?"

Angelica looked up from the papers, meeting Remus's gaze. "Yes, if you want. If you're too tired to Apparate home, you're more than welcome to stay."

"Do you want me to stay?" he asked softly. 

She sat up straight and wrapped her arms around his neck. She leaned in close, her breath warm against his ear as she replied, "Well, if you must know, Lily has a strict 'no boys allowed after midnight' policy. But for you, I might be willing to make an exception."

"Is that so?" he replied.

"Yes," she hummed, her fingers trailing lightly along his jawline. "So, you have to promise to be very well behaved." 

Just then, a familiar voice echoed from the lounge, pulling Angelica's attention away from Remus and towards the source of the sound.

Remus felt a subtle tremor in the air, a silent symphony of emotion playing out before him. He noticed the subtle shift in her demeanor, the way her eyes lit up with a warmth that wasn't there just a second before. As if just the sound of that voice was enough to fill her entire being with longing.

Her arms were still around his neck, she was almost pressed against him. It was bittersweet that although their hearts beat in perfect harmony, their souls danced to different melodies,

"Is that Sirius?" Remus asked, his voice tinged with curiosity as he watched Angelica's reaction.

Angelica nodded; her gaze still fixed on the direction of the lounge. "Yeah, he must have let himself in." 

"Lily, Angelica. Anyone up?" The sound of Sirius' voice drifted through the apartment. 

"I am," called Angelica. 

The door to her room opened immediately and Sirius appeared in the doorway. 

"Oh," Sirius said by way of greeting. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything too scandalous."

"We were just discussing the logistics of a midnight snack," replied Remus, gathering the papers.

"Brilliant!" exclaimed Sirius. "I came over because I'm famished, and Lily said she baked cupcakes. Where is she by the way?" 

"Spending the night at the Potter's," answered Angelica.

"More cupcakes for us then."

As Sirius left the room, Remus and Angelica exchanged a knowing glance, their silent communication filled with a mix of amusement and affection. 

Slowly rising from the bed, Remus couldn't help but mutter, "I thought no boys after midnight."

Angelica said nothing in response and the two of them joined Sirius at the kitchen island.