𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟏: 𝟖 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

The final match had been nothing short of spectacular. From the exhilarating dives to the lightning-fast maneuvers, every moment had been infused with excitement and anticipation. Their cheers had resonated through the night, carried on waves of adrenaline and the sheer joy of witnessing such a thrilling competition.

As they made their way back to the campsite, the group was still buzzing with the remnants of the match, their spirits high from atmosphere of the stadium. 

James, in particular, had taken it upon himself to serenade the night with an over-the-top rendition of the team's victory song, his voice echoing through the forest with infectious enthusiasm.

Their journey back to the tent was a whirlwind of laughter and banter, fueled by the heady combination of butterbeer and sugar. They bounced along the path reliving their favorite moments from the match with animated gestures and exaggerated accents.

They approached their tent, eager for a well-deserved meal and some much-needed rest. The tent flap swung open with a dramatic flourish, revealing a scene that brought their laughter to a screeching halt.

There, bathed in the dim light of the lanterns, stood Sirius's girlfriend, India, locked in a passionate embrace with a tall, dark-haired wizard. 

The sight hit the group like a Bludger to the gut, their expressions a whirlwind of shock and disbelief.

"What the bloody hell..." mumbled Sirius, gasping as he took in the scene before him.

India and her friend untangled themselves, their faces flushed with embarrassment and guilt. 

As the stunned silence continued to hang in the air like a heavy fog, the group remained frozen in place, their eyes wide with shock at the unfolding scene before them

"Well, this is certainly not the kind of match we were expecting to see tonight, am I right?" sniggered James.

His words hung in the air like a spell, and then, as if shaken from a trance, the group erupted into a chorus of exclamations and murmurs. Laughter bubbled up from deep within their chests, echoing through the night like the chimes of a thousand bells.

***

"I can't believe you got cheated on."

Sirius shot him a glare. "Shut up, Prongs," he muttered, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I don't care anyways. I was going to dump her."

Lily couldn't contain her laughter. "She really got you good, mate," she said between giggles, reaching forward to playfully ruffle his hair.

But Sirius was quick to evade her touch, leaning away with a mock scowl. "Hands off the hair, Evans," he warned..

Angelica watched the exchange with amusement, a smirk playing at the corners of her own lips. "Well, well, well, looks like you finally got a taste of your own games," she chimed in.

"Thanks for the sympathy," Sirius retorted with a shake of his head, though there was a hint of amusement lurking behind his exasperated facade as he took a sip from his can of cola.

The aroma of freshly baked pizza wafted through the air, mingling with their chatter. Angelica, Sirius, James, and Lily sat cozily in a corner booth of the quaint muggle pizza parlour, their laughter and conversation filling the space.

Remus and Peter had returned to their respective homes for a brief respite, before they all began working fulltime for the Order. That left the four friends to enjoy a rare moment of tranquility together.