𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐𝟑: 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

In the cozy confines of the Potter's lounge, the flickering flames of the fireplace cast dancing shadows across the room, creating an ambiance of warmth and comfort. 

Fleamont Potter and his vivacious wife, Euphemia, locked eyes across the exquisitely crafted wizard's chessboard. Each piece seemed imbued with a life of its own, dancing across the checkered battlefield with a graceful elegance, engaged in a game of strategic brilliance.

With every move, the air buzzed with the energy of competition, punctuated by the melodious laughter that bubbled forth from the couple's lips. Their banter, sharp as the clinking of the chess pieces, filled the room.

On the plush couch nearby, Sirius and Angelica observed the spectacle with rapt attention, their eyes twinkling with amusement. They were spectators to a timeless saga of love and rivalry, as Mr. and Mrs. Potter sparred with the passion of seasoned warriors,

Meanwhile, beyond the confines of the cozy abode, James and Lily had vanished into the backyard, lost in their own world of whispered secrets and stolen glances.

"Take that, old man," jeered Euphemia as her knight bashed through his last line of defense.

Fleamont scoffed playfully. "You call that a move? Behold, the master's touch! Queen to A7."

Angelica suppressed a laugh as she turned to Sirius. "Do you think we're as theatrical when we play?"

"If Mimi includes an assortment of lip curls and eye-rolls to her constant taunting and takes her insults up a notch, it would be identical to what you do when we play. But I think the rest is pretty accurate," he mused.

He winced as Angelica playfully pinched his side, earning a playful roll of her eyes. "See? Just like that!"

"I can't help it when you're being insufferable," she teased, her lips curling into a mock sweet smile, just as Fleamont erupted into triumphant shouts of "Checkmate!"

"Take that, you old coot!" Fleamont crowed, sticking his tongue out at his wife in mock triumph.

Angelica shook her head, "Exactly like you."

"Except I come with a whole lot more handsomeness," Sirius quipped with a grin.

Fleamont shot Sirius a mock glare. "I heard that, young man!"

"Oops, my bad," Sirius shrugged, his grin widening into a roguish smirk.

In a whirlwind of emotions, James burst into the lounge, his presence commanding attention as he flopped down on the couch next to Sirius. His fingers ran through his tousled locks, a restless energy coursing through him as he breathed out, "I want to marry her."

The declaration hung heavy in the air, catching both Fleamont and Euphemia off guard, eliciting a gasp of surprise. 

Sirius sat up straight and quipped, "Right now? Shotgun wedding, Potter style?"

"Right now would be nice. I just want to marry her. God, I love her so much," James said, leaning his head back against the couch.

Angelica's gaze flickered to Sirius, but she quickly averted her eyes when she caught him looking back at her.

Fleamont stammered for a moment, his usually composed demeanor faltering. Eventually, he mustered a broad grin and spoke, "Well, if that's how you feel, my boy, then I'm all for it. If you believe you're worthy of her love, then you have my blessing."

A smile spread over James' face as he shifted his focus to his mother. Tears welled up in Euphemia's eyes as she slid her ring off and held it out to James. She gave him a pleased nod, "Go ahead, Jamesie boy. Marry her."