𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟎: 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

"Come on, Lily, just say it," demanded Angelica as she layered a clear coat of nail polish over Lily's maroon toenails. 

"I'll say it if you do," sung Lily as she wriggled her toes. 

"Hold still!" warned Angelica, before sighing, "Fine then. We'll both admit it at the same time."

With a broad grin, the redhead began to countdown. "3...2...1" 

Except, when she reached one both of them remained silent and stared at each other in betrayal. 

"Maybe we should become like James and Sirius and make a blood promise," suggested Lily, with raised eyebrows. 

"No no!" Angelica straightened up and pointed at her friend. "You listen to me. We will both admit it at one and if we don't—" 

"If we don't," interjected Lily, holding out her hand. "We have to go and say it to their faces." 

"That's a bit far-flung," commented Angelica, before shrugging and shaking Lily's hand. "But I'll bite."

"Okay seriously now," teased Lily, making Angelica roll her eyes. "3...2...1" 

"I fancy James." "I might fancy Sirius." 

"Might?!" exclaimed Lily. 

"Okay, okay, I do." 

They had nearly an entire second of silence before they burst into maniacal laughter that had them dropping onto the floor and clutching their stomachs. 

"There is something wrong with us," wheezed Angelica, as she stared up at the ceiling. 

"Definitely. We- smart, beautiful, amazing girls- happen to fancy the two most arrogant, annoying, obnoxious, imbecile-like toerags Hogwarts has ever seen!" 

"Don't forget hot," added Angelica. 

Lily groaned before mumbling. "Yes, that too."

Then she sat up and poked Angelica. "Dare I ask what color we're painting your nails?" 

With a grin, Angelica grabbed the darkest shade of black from the lot and tossed it at Lily. 

~

A mutual agreement had passed among the four of them to use the Friday night before Remus and Peter arrived to fulfill the blood promise Sirius and James had made to take them on dates before the year ended. 

James had been so excitable that he had booked Angelica for 20 minutes every day in the week that passed to try on new outfits and attempt new hairstyles. 

In her opinion, it was ridiculous. 

But since she was freeloading off him and ate nearly every meal with his family, she gave in and spent 20 minutes a day arguing about whether turquoise or teal would match him better.