11

-Ava-

Calum took me to our room so I can get settled after talking his family for a couple of hours. "I told you they love you." Calum said while unpacking his things. I shook my head and started unpacking my stuff. "It's nice that you get along with them so well..." Calum says as he twirls me around to face him. 

I smile and thought about how well I get along with them especially his sister. "Your family are so inviting...I wish I could have that kind of family." I mumbled, I wish I had a good relationship with my parents and siblings. "You do. You have mine." Calum made me feel better. "I think Mali prefers you over me." Calum added and I giggled while hanging up some dresses in the closet. 

After we unpacked Joy called us for dinner. "I can't believe you guys are back together. I'm just so happy." Joy said as she served me and Calum our plates, "You two are just great together." Mali said. I just smiled, not know what to say because it was hard for me to take all the compliments in.

 Dinner went by fast and we sat around the table talking until I started to get sleepy. "I think it's time for bed. goodnight everyone." Calum said as he scoops me up from my chair, "Calum! put me down NOW" I asserted. He puts me down and smirks "Goodnight everyone, thank you for dinner Joy" I said before Calum and I went to our room.

"You need to get over me carrying you." Calum said as we get undress to get in the shower. I rolled my eyes as I stepped in followed by Calum. "I don't need to be carried..."I trailed off as I washed my hair, "I just wanted to be romantic" Calum mumbled. I sighed and just finished up showering so we can stop talking about this. "I know Calum...I appreciate that but you can't carry me like that." I said as I dried my hair and put on clothes for bed.

"I can carry you." Calum protested. I rolled my eyes and climbed into bed. "Barely..." I turned away from Calum.

-

I stayed in bed for a little longer trying to sleep a little bit more before bracing myself for the day ahead of me. Calum comes out of the bathroom and puts on his cologne. "Baby come on let's get ready...we all know you need an hour." Calum sits on the bed rubs my back. "Fine." I said as I stretched before getting out of bed. I put on my Christmas playlist and Last Christmas by Wham! plays. "This is a sad song!" Calum exclaims from the bed room "I like it!" I yell back. I washed my face after brushing my teeth then sat down to get started on my makeup.

"I like your eye makeup." Calum says to me from the door way, I smiled at him and finished up with setting spray. "Thank you." I kissed Calum and threw my arms around his neck as we kissed. "Good morning sweeties." Joy greeted as we walked into the kitchen, Calum gave her a hug "Morning mum." I smiled. I still am very nervous around his family. "Ava, you look beautiful!" Joy gasps and smiles at me. "Thank you, Joy." I said. Calum smiled big when Joy complimented me. I could tell he was enjoying my time here with his mother.

"She's always beautiful." Calum added, I roll my eyes at him. "I saw that" Calum teased. I got a cup of coffee and sat at the table watching Calum mess around "Calum please go sit with Ava. I'll get your breakfast done faster that way...Ava, what would you like?" Joy asked me "Oh I'm okay with coffee thank you though." I declined, Calum nudge me. That was him telling me to eat.

 "I'll make you some eggs and toast. You need to eat something." Joy mothered me and I said yes to that. It was to have a mother figure around after not being with my family in 2 years especially my mom. "Here you go, eat up." Joy brought over my breakfast. I thanked her before I took a bite. Calum was feasting already. "Calum, slow down with your eating." Joy says not even looking at him stuffing his face. 

I laughed at the fact she knows everything he does. "Calum listen to your mother." I teased him. Joy sat with us at the table still waiting for David to wake up. "It's already 10... DAVID! Breakfast is ready." Joy yells to get him up. David comes in seconds later and sits at the table. "Good morning" David clears his throat before eating. "Morning, David." I smiled at him, "Ava, Mali and I want to take you to lunch and shopping today." Joy offered, "I would love that!" I accepted. Calum smirks loving that I'm going to spend time with his favorite person in the world. 

Mali came by to pick Joy and I up from the house and went into the city for lunch at fancy restaurant. "Thank you guys for taking me to lunch." I say while browsing the menu. "Anytime! We need to catch up." Mali says with a smile. "How did you two get back together?" Joy asked, I bit my lip trying to collect my words. I don't know what she knows and what she doesn't. 

"The guys texted the group chat we have saying they will  be in LA for a couple of days before heading home. Calum called me to say he wanted to see me." before I could finish my story the waiter took our orders. "He took me out and we talked everything out, the rest was history." I cut major gaps out. "I am so happy that you are back in his life. Ava he was so lost without you." Joy reminded me. "I was lost too." I said to myself. 

"I know this is kind of premature but I really hope you guys get married because you two are meant to be together. I love seeing my son so happy." Joy voices. My breath hitched at the word 'married'. This love will either be the happy ending I need or the ending of my hope for love. "That is very sweet." I uttered trying to not show my fears.