Broken Pride: A cry for love

Bakugo's POV

The camp was cancelled and we were all sent to our home, school was also cancelled until next week. I was sitting in my living room watching TV, the news isn't over the fact that Deku is still missing, the media has been very agressive with the heroes... Especially eraserhead since he's Deku's father, it's only been a day since it's happened. We're currently Wednesday, I'm waiting on news from the pro's for the rescue mission. I walk up to my room frustrated, but I don't have the energy to scream at my mother who says to clean my room since it's a mess. Or my father telling me everything will be okay... I still haven't  slept yet, and I barely eat anything... I close my door and lock it, I want to be alone. I sit down and look into my emails, there's some messages from my classmates trying to check on me, Kirishima has sent over 150+ emails... I obviously ignored them all, I look at old received emails that I had. I come across Deku's email from a year ago... I double click it and open it, it's a voice recording of him singing for me... I listen to his voice, the song I had requested was the type Deku liked to sing, but right now... It sounded way too real for the situation...

My entire body is shaking as the tears fall down my face, I realize that this song means way more than what it did back then. Hearing his voice like this... it's killing me... I continue reading the message that's below the recording.

Hey there.... I.... I um... I finished the recording like you asked, now I've worked on my voice to do some low voice songs and this is one of my favorites songs! I remember when I first heard it... I thought it was absolutely amazing... Oh... Sorry I've been rambling, but anyways... Enjoy the song!

• • •

I look at the 3 dots, I've never clicked on them, I hover my mouse over them. When I clicked a recording audio played.

"Hey! You clicked the 3 dots, I wasn't sure if you would, but hey you did since your listening to this am I right... Ah I'm rambling again and I know you hate it... Anyways, this is just to thank you. You saved my life and make my day better, your always there to protect me and it makes me happy. So thank you, Kacchan."

I stand still for a moment, protect you... That was my job... I failed, and I can't even start with how miserable I've made you... This is the last I'll hear of that nickname isn't it? I'll never see him again will I!?

I start to scream as the pain in my chest grow bigger, I suddenly start hyperventilating and see my vision go blurry

I start to scream as the pain in my chest grow bigger, I suddenly start hyperventilating and see my vision go blurry. I hear a notification noise from my headphones and look up. It's an email from an unknown user, it's titled... Midoriya, I hurry and calm down as I click on it. There's a message and an image, I carefully read what their email says.