7. EPIC BFFS

After Nightmare had scolded and punished the gangs' misbehavior, he gave them out a mission to find the apparently 'missing' destroyer of worlds.
So they searched and traveled through the multiverse, calling out his name and.
Even setting up baits or asking their other allies.
However, there wasn't much process.
It was as if the destroyer had completely disappeared.
Forever.

Nightmare was acting anxious and maybe even possibly...scared.
He didn't notice it himself of course, or else he would have already stop acting that way on his own.
But while the others were fooled by his anger, Cross was not.
It almost reminded of him of how frisk of his world acted sometimes before the end.
Paranoid and fearful like he knew something was going to go terribly wrong.
But also like he knew there was no use resisting.
Perhaps it was only reasonable that he acted that way.
After all, now that destruction was gone... who was there to stop creation?
...
Cross just stared at the floor of the random Au he came in to search and gather information in a daze.
Was there really no way to stop him?
Had really Error given up?
What was going to happen to them now?

"Hey bruh! It's nice to see you, but how you come here? I thought that your boss banned you from coming bruh."
Epic said to Cross, appearing out of nowhere while munching on a random cookie.
"Bruh? I'm speaking."
Now being confused, Epic called out to the seemingly dazed cross again.
Cross jerked back at the sound of his voice, looking alarmed and summoning his blasters.
But then he looked at Epic and his half eaten cookie.
"Oh...it's just you. Sorry about that dude."
He shook his head as if he was disappointed in himself for losing focus on his surroundings, which he was.
"It's quite alright bruh! Nothing to worry about. But I gotta ask you this, weren't you banned from coming here?"
Epic answered with a grin.
Cross shrugged in response.
"Oh you know, since Error's gone missing Nightmare started a search with us so we are all allowed going into any Aus except the ones like Underswap or Dreamtale.
But there's been no progress or any clues. I am just worried if this is going to end up badly."
As he said that, Cross wondered the coincidences of picking a random Au and landing exactly into the one that had his best friend in it.
"Mmmmmm. That makes sense bruh."
Epic remarked while holding his chin with crunched up eye sockets.

Not feeling much for a conversation anymore, Cross sat on the ground with a thump.
Epic just brushed the cookie crumbs off his hand and sat down with Cross, following his actions.
They sat there for a while, with silence between them.
But then Epic started to pet gently Cross's head.
"Dude!"
Cross cried out.
"Bruh, just relax and accept the crazy. There's no use thinking about it."
Epic stated with a semi serious expression.
Cross stared at him for a moment.
Then he chuckled.
"Are you speaking from experience dude?"
Cross asked.
"Maybe, maybe not bruh,"
Epic replied with a wink.
He also finger gunned at him too.
"Dude! Don't be cryptic to me!"
Cross responded now having a wide grin on his usually stoic face.
They talked to each other like this for a few minutes before loudly laughing at each other with funny expressions.
Memes were thrown, vines were referred, and everything that belonged to the internet shitpost was mixed into one conversation between them.